US sold missiles to Iran shortly after they released the hostages (duh, does this seem suspicious?) and gave money to SA rebels

Don't know enough about the situation, please allow me to study it and get back to you.

US supported the Shah of Iran
US support Noriega
US supported Marcos

And what was their opposition, again?

US supported, you know, that guy who used to run Iraq

Or was it just perhaps a way of bleeding off another enemy...?

The US invaded Iraq looking for nuclear weapons but did not find them but did not even notice that syria, right next door, did have them (well, actually, was just getting close).

Would you mind specifying where your source for 'nuclear' in that sentance is? From the news reports at the time, I was under the impression that any Weapon of Mass Destruction, be it nuke, bio, or chem in nature, would qualify. And no, we didn't know whether or not he had them; that would have required that we be allowed to inspect, which we weren't. Thus, the possible threat had to be taken at full value.

France supported the US before it was a country

A favor for which we were duly grateful, and have returned (in modified form) a couple of times since then.

"Just another way in which France always immediately surrenders when threatened

I hear you ignorant twits repeat this lie so often I am beginning to think that you might actually believe it but that could only be true if you don't read anything and listen only to Rush (and Rush wannabes).

The statement is being used as an insult and a slur. And as many have made clear in the media and elsewhere for some time now, the truth-value of a slur doesn't matter so much as how many people you can get to agree with it. [Note: I don't happen to believe that myself, but take a look at the past couple of decades for evidence.]

The Shah of Iran's opposition ironically was the "religious right" in Iran.

> Most sectarian violence has ended, what there is is mainly government friendly forces mopping up the Iranian sponsored terrorists.
Some improvements have been cited, but certainly not to the degree that you would suggest:
http://www.nytimes.com/ref/world/20070910_REPORTS_GRAPHIC.html

Those guys abover were just a few of the butchers and military dictators that the US has supported in the past

Originally Posted by GrimJack
US supported, you know, that guy who used to run IraqOr was it just perhaps a way of bleeding off another enemy...?

We supported Saddam before the Shaw of Iran was overthrown.

Originally Posted by GrimJack
The US invaded Iraq looking for nuclear weapons, did not find them but did not even notice that syria, right next door, did have them (well, actually, was just getting close).

Would you mind specifying where your source for 'nuclear' in that sentance is? From the news reports at the time, I was under the impression that any Weapon of Mass Destruction, be it nuke, bio, or chem in nature, would qualify. And no, we didn't know whether or not he had them; that would have required that we be allowed to inspect, which we weren't. Thus, the possible threat had to be taken at full value.

Rice: "we do not want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud"

Colin: ”They are hiding banned arms in mobile laboratories”.

“Hans Blix stated” No evidence of such activities has been found. He said his inspectors had followed U.S. leads and got nothing”.
Hans Blitz: We were carrying out inspections of Iraq looking for any sign or hint of weapons of mass destructions up to the run up to the war - there was no hint of any weapons of mass destruction nor the capability of producing them.

The evidence produced by 'curveball' was known to be false shortly after he offered it - we could see from our satelite photoes that what he claimed was a biological weapons facility was walled off and of no use as such

The forged bill of sale for Uranium from Nigeria was proven to be false long before we went to war.

We stopped looking for Osama bin Laden in Afghanistan to pursue a trumped up war against Iraq leaving the Taliban and Osama free to regroup, rebuild and come back as strong as ever. Afganistan is now the #1 producer of opium in the world and is sneaking up on becoming the #1 producer of marijuana. The resurgence of the Taliban is now dragging Pakistan down into chaos they have nuclear weapons now, in missiles.

we are currently napalming the opium fields

us......their greed their lack of understanding...their disrespect....

The Shah of Iran's opposition ironically was the "religious right" in Iran.

Who were an unholy mix of communists and religious fanatics...

In the USSR the opposition to the communists was termed the "left" as well.

In the USSR the opposition to the communists was termed the "left" as well.

Good grief, how left can you go? What would you call these people? Superlefties? Were they a thread to world peace?

The forged bill of sale for Uranium from Nigeria was proven to be false long before we went to war.

Come on! At least Dick Cheney's minions picked a country that at least poduces uranium ore! Some credit should be given to that fact!

Good grief, how left can you go? What would you call these people? Superlefties? Were they a thread to world peace?

you don't get it, do you?
The communists called themselves "rightwing", they had the entire thing reversed from what's considered normal here.

But I can't say the same for many of our senitors (such as Ted Kennedy) who have been in the Senate for many many years.

Why is someone who killed someone drunk driving allowed to be in office?

Presently, drunk driving seems to be a prerequisite for leadership. Both our president and vice president have been cited for drunk driving in their younger days (see Wikipedia).

drunk driving is a lot more acceptable in the US than here why is that

Presently, drunk driving seems to be a prerequisite for leadership. Both our president and vice president have been cited for drunk driving in their younger days (see Wikipedia).

And what death quota do you claim they have logged? The original thrust of the leading statement wasn't about the drunk driving.

And what death quota do you claim they have logged? The original thrust of the leading statement wasn't about the drunk driving.

No reason to soil your conservative pants over that! The leading statement referred to an accident after all.

I wonder where the country of ISREAL is located, can't find it on the map. It is mentioned in the poll list.

Killing a drunk driver may prevent more deaths down the road.

we are the gratest threat to world peace because this is a country of lemmings. look at what happened in iraq, we were told there were big scary bombs over there that should be "taken care of", as it turns out that was a lie. but does anyone care that the president just lied to them? no. rather, he was re-elected.

All he needed to get reelected was the uninformed, missinformed (Fox News does a perfect job), and relegious fanatics.

All he needed to get reelected was the uninformed, missinformed (Fox News does a perfect job), and relegious fanatics.

All of which we have in abundance.

China is flexing its muscles, they just snuffed the Krauts pretty well for inviting the Tibetan holy guy.

we are the gratest threat to world peace because this is a country of lemmings. look at what happened in iraq, we were told there were big scary bombs over there that should be "taken care of", as it turns out that was a lie. but does anyone care that the president just lied to them? no. rather, he was re-elected.

It wasn't a lie. The fact is the american government never cited this as the sole reason for invading. Infact a comment such as this just shows how much of a pawn of the media you are. It was the media that played on the WMDs thing. It was the Media who played it up after there was no WMDs found.

While i did not support the invasion of Iraq i am sick and tyred of hearing the fucking WMD argument. People need to start looking at what actually happend in Iraq rather then just spurting off whatever the media has to say about the war in Iraq.

China is flexing its muscles, they just snuffed the Krauts pretty well for inviting the Tibetan holy guy.

What is a Kraut?

Kraut is a German?

Kraut, Jerry, Bosche

I dont understand....

Kraut is a German?

Kraut, Jerry, Bosche

I dont understand....

Is that what you call them in England? Do they smell like it?

It wasn't a lie. The fact is the american government never cited this as the sole reason for invading. Infact a comment such as this just shows how much of a pawn of the media you are. It was the media that played on the WMDs thing. It was the Media who played it up after there was no WMDs found.

While i did not support the invasion of Iraq i am sick and tyred of hearing the fucking WMD argument. People need to start looking at what actually happend in Iraq rather then just spurting off whatever the media has to say about the war in Iraq.

that wasn't a lie? please define lie for us.

but beyond that, how about the other lie. that iraq was harboring al queda. iraq's records clearly show that sadam was unwilling to co-operate with osama because he feared an american invasion if he did. but isn't life grand, we invaded anyway. the only reason al queda is there now is because of our invasion, and it's subsequent occupation. the war in iraq has caused more deaths that sadam ever did, so any argument for removing a violent dictator is out as well.

lol 13 votes for USA

Looks like Bush lost another poodle, this time it's Howard, overwhelmingly defeated in the Australian elections. Tough, since he just lost his Polish poodle. Might want to send the poor man a letter of sympathy.

Sorry to see that the USA gets such a bum rap. Our present government is a little unpolished and rough, but overall we are good, wordly and thoughtful people. Maybe more of us will vote in the future and bring the ship on course again. Right now, money translates directly to votes and that is a bad direction to go.

Most brits dont hate americans per se, we just hate certain dumb americans (a.k.a those in power)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.