Is that what you call them in England? Do they smell like it?

I don't know if they smell like it, but back in the days when Germany had a navy (before WW1) the Germans took along sauerkraut against scurvy and the British took along lime juice (both have vitamin C). In the ports the Brits called the Germans "krauts" and the Germans call the Brits "limies". Just sailor to sailor, no hatred involved at that point in time.

yes, bosche is a frech name for them, and jerries originated in ww2 as a cockney slang for germans

The US military right now is the most powerful force on earth. If there is an abuse of this power, the US could be greatest thread to peace. Let's hope our political processes and rules are following the letter of the law.

About 120 countries are developing ways to use the Internet as a weapon to target financial markets, government computer systems and utilities, Internet security company McAfee said in an annual report. ~~~

The report said China is at the forefront of the cyber war. It said China has been blamed for attacks in the United States, India and Germany. China has repeatedly denied such claims.

"The Chinese were first to use cyber-attacks for political and military goals," James Mulvenon, director of the Center for Intelligence and Research in Washington, was quoted as saying in the report.
~~~

Read the full article at:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071129/wr_nm/britain_internet_dc_3

Maybe we need to add Pakistan to the list. They have three times as many people as Iran, and they actually have nuclear weapons. The US has also given them plenty of loose money.

Mankinds innate self-centeredness. In other words, mankind themselves. It is the nature of the majority of mankind to take more than they give, and in particular to show little regard for the repercussion of their actions where others are concerned.

There can be no world peace without a major upheaval of, for lack of a better word, compassion .. call it goodness. Man is not, on the whole, particularly good. Many people are, but, across the board, the behavior is self serving and short sighted without being tempered with concern for others down the line.

Greed. Hate. Desire.

commented: You got a point there +7

The greatest threat to world peace is governments.

The greatest threat to world peace is governments.

I've got a solution: let's give 'em a couple billion to make themselves better.

The US gave Pakistan a couple of billion, and look what it created.

The US gave Pakistan a couple of billion, and look what it created.

We must not be giving enough then. Let's double it!

commented: Who are you, and what have you done with the real Dave? +3

We must not be giving enough then. Let's double it!

That could lead to paper-cuts! Well, as long as they don't ask us to pay them in Euros.

We give money to Israel, and then had to give money to Egypt to keep our options open. Does that mean we may have to give money to India for the same reason? If I would live in India, that Pakistan stuff would scare me a lot!

i wish the USA would stop supporting israel it creates problems

Why America Supports Israel. I don't know how accurate or true that is, but it is one theory.

The answer is obvious to almost everyone who had studied the subject. America supports Israel because Fundamentalist Christians in America support Israel

<snip>
Whereas the Jews are divided in their support of Israel, the Fundamentalist Christians are united in their support of Israel. This explains why no political candidate can be elected in America who is opposed to Israel.

Why America Supports Israel. I don't know how accurate or true that is, but it is one theory.

Great site! If they are right, heaven help us.

I always though that the US supports Israel because they apply our proven principles to the native population to carve out a country.

I wish Europe would stop supporting the Palestinians, it creates problems.

The Palestinians are there for a reason, they make the Israelis look real good.

The US military right now is the most powerful force on earth. .

That's debatable. If true then why are we having so many problems stabalizing Iraq? Its the old David & Golieth syndrome.

That's debatable. If true then why are we having so many problems stabalizing Iraq? Its the old David & Golieth syndrome.

You are most likely correct. The US is spending as much on its military as the rest of the world combined, but much of it is useless weaponry and tons of selfserving pencil pushers. Only a few soldiers are there to do the actual fighting.

hmmm...
this never ending. everyone/nation think they right. to many thoughts and all be in contradiction.
actually peace start from ourself. so we can't compulse other people to change but we must change.

but much of it is useless weaponry and tons of selfserving pencil pushers.

Not entire useless -- we have lost 3,000+ in Iraq while the AQ (or whoever you want to call them) has lost what ? maybe 100 times that? In other words there are 300,000 or so mothers who have lost their husbands and children to that war. I would hope they grieve for their loved ones in similar ways that we do. The cost of war to both sides is absolutely horrible.

hmmm...
this never ending. everyone/nation think they right. to many thoughts and all be in contradiction.
actually peace start from ourself. so we can't compulse other people to change but we must change.

yeah, war never stop..every human has a different requierement and must be fulfilled.so they use every think and take all the way to make it fulfill.

Al Queda is bad...

The IRA is bad...

they arent up to much lately thank god

Al Queda is bad...

absolutely right...

Al Queda is bad...

You are very mellow! They are a lot worse than just bad! I would replace bad with evil and murderous.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.