Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Might be interesting...although in such cases I'm reminded of a quote I saw once.

"Software engineering is a race between programmers, who strive to produce fool-proof software, and the universe, which strives to produce bigger fools."
(Underneath: "So far, the universe is winning.")

I don't think that a stupid filter will ever work. The stupid folks are just too smart for that.

stupidity depends on the context of the statement.....then how are they gonna find it?

Online gaming forums are doomed.

A stupid-seeking missile?

What we need is a law like the one for auto parts: Require computer companies to provide service for their products for 10 years.

A stupid-seeking missile?

What we need is a law like the one for auto parts: Require computer companies to provide service for their products for 10 years.

Good grief, nobody would ever use the same computer for ten years! One exception, maybe the government does for flight control.

That really is a good idea, but I think it would definitely stop a lot of people from using online forums.

I think that although some people are commonly known for typing "lolllolllll!!!!1111" kind of messages, some of them (when the message is decoded back to English from the SMS language of today) are actually useful posts.

Good grief, nobody would ever use the same computer for ten years! One exception, maybe the government does for flight control.

Nobody? You don't know the people I know...

I don't think that a stupid filter will ever work. The stupid folks are just too smart for that.

... and this sub forum proves it?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.