We usually have it at home :)

Recommended Answers

All 31 Replies

I should have answered "i'm not having one" because christmas dinner makes me ill. Any proper dinner in the middle of the day makes me ill.

Its interesting how Christmas dinner is just about the same as Turkey day :D (Turkey,etc)

At home, then to a friends for whiskey, then to the sea for a cold swim, and then more hot whiskey... or port.

No Christmas dinner for me, I am jewish. I will have a good steak dinner instead.

Looking foreward to another dry turkey, yams, pumpkin pie and green tea at my mother's house.

we have

haggis + potatoes + parsnips + brussel sprouts
whisky
raspbeyy pavalova for pudding
christmas cake on fire

Well, it will not be pork, even though I love the taste of it. Looks like we will have Beef Wellington with baked potato and corn at our house.

We usually go over to a Jewish friends house where we celebrate some Wiccan feast or other with turkey, wine, and friendship

Wiccan?

sounds cool though

Is the Wiccan Feast one of those skyclad events? In the winter time that would be cool.

The Christmas Wicca event is pretty tame - drinking, eating, telling lies. The spring festival Leupercalia (sp?) is pretty bizarre - a naked guy runs through the party whipping people with a whip made from wolf skin -- it being a fertility thing, most of the women hide.

lol i want to go

My sister's girlfriend is one of those Wiccans, she likes to run undressed through the woods. That could be cool too, depending on the outside temperature.

... if by cool you mean cold. It's bloody freezing this time of year!

Home and my boyfriend's house.

... if by cool you mean cold. It's bloody freezing this time of year!

Okay, let's call it a cold cool. Still wonder why folks in the USA want to eat turkey for xmas. They just had that stuff for Thanksgiving. Maybe it's left over, or they like to be bored. Turkey meat is in most cases rather dry and tasteless, unless you cook one of those butterball turkeys, that is literally pressure soaked in butter.

yeah we usually have roast lamb/ roastbeef fot christmas

Mouton, beef, both stewed and roasted, diff types of pie, ham for those of us who want that, buns, flavored rice, mango, breadfruit, black wine, black cake and

rum.

I can't wait....

We just eat Wiccans :) Plus turkey, ham, and all the other tasty animals. Some of the less-manly tasty veg too from time to time.

Turkey is the blandest meat. I'd rather feed them to cattle to make 'em fatter

Everything tastes bland to me, without salt and seasoning.

Everything tastes bland to me, without salt and seasoning.

Even with all of that, turkey still tastes like wet cardboard with salt and seasoning on it! Give me a nice grilled steak anytime.

Even with all of that, turkey still tastes like wet cardboard with salt and seasoning on it! Give me a nice grilled steak anytime.

I'm not really a red meat kind of person... I'd rather have turkey or chicken... (that would probably explain why my iron count is low).

We're having it at home this year.
We've been to my (future) sister-in-law's house the last couple of years, but have decided to stay at home for the kids this time around :)

We'll definitely be having turkey (or "that dry chicken" as the girls say!!)

At relations ,as usual..

According to my parents it will be at home. They hold the purse strings in my life, so I better be a nice boy. It will be fine with me, even though I can't stand my cousin Jerry who undoubtedly will come to sponge off the meal and be nasty. Last year he drove my mother to tears when he insulted the dessert she made.

There's nothing better than your very own family food critic...

To me dessert is the most important part of the holiday meal. My sister usually brings a "killer chocolate layer cake" ala "death by chocolate" that is absolutely scrumptious. This year that won't happen, so I have to come up with something different. Maybe a brandy and fruit kind of a thing.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.