is pc lock can occur in a work group?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

If your group is too Politically Correct, yes, it can vapor lock and get nothing done.

Would you care to describe your problem more fully, so someone can give a serious answer?

If your group is too Politically Correct, yes, it can vapor lock and get nothing done.

Ok, back to Diversity Training for you!
Guards, take this dissenter!

Diversity != Politically Correct

Diversity == Good

Politically Correct == *&^$##%&**^&%$

What operating system are you using?

Diversity != Politically Correct

Diversity == Good

Politically Correct == *&^$##%&**^&%$

Sounds like you have not experienced corporate "Diversity Training". It crams extreme PC down your throat to the degree that you'll be lucky to be able to communicate anything to anyone without worrying about possibly offending someone else :)

not everyone who gets "diversity training" poured down their neckt turns into a PC robot...

Some actually regain consciousness and redouble their efforts to rid the world of PC madness.

Sounds like you have not experienced corporate "Diversity Training". It crams extreme PC down your throat to the degree that you'll be lucky to be able to communicate anything to anyone without worrying about possibly offending someone else :)

[rant]
I was probably getting diversity training before you were born. Back then we called it "Race Relations", then "Human Relations", and on and on.

PC is all about never insulting anyone, never offending anyone, never saying/doing anything controversial. Unless the target is one specific demographic that is the one that gets blamed for all the ills of the world, then it's OK to offend.

Sorry, in the real world, sometimes you will be offended, insulted, treated poorly. For us in the USA, there is nothing in the Constitution that guarantees you the right to not be offended. Get over it!

PC is a way for the minority to enforce its will on the majority. PC is a way to stifle discussion and discourse that one doesn't want to hear. Then don't listen!
[/rant]
Val

I guess your cynicism/sarcasm detector is failing you today, as my comment was meant in that vein and I agree with your rant.

That was kind of the point...

I caught your point, and did not mean to take you to task. I just felt like having a good rant. Need to get it out of my system before the holiday.;)

Gotta start with a clean slate.

Happy T-Day

Val

is pc lock can occur in a work group?

Can you please clarify what do you mean ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.