Ok, this may seem quite strange but i LOVE reading through nigerian/african bank fraud emails, they try to convince you that you will get rich and in fact take all your money. Its all highly illegal but i love reading through them. I am amazed by the efforts these people put into conjouring up riduiculous stories. From nigerian royalty to brothers on death beds, these emails are really quite interesting...below is an email i recently received. Please post more of these emails if you receive any :cheesy:

Box 1287 Port Shepstone
Chaka -South Africa.
{URGENT AND CONFIDENTIAL}
RE: TRANSFER OF ($ 126,000.000.00 USD}
{ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY SIX MILLION DOLLARS)
Dear Sir/Madam,
We want to transfer to overseas ($ 126,000.000.00 USD) One hundred and Twenty six million United States Dollars) from a Bank in Africa, You can serve to receive this money, as long as you will remain honest to me till the end for this important business, trusting in you and believing in God that you will never let me down either now or in future.
I am Mr.Rolnald Smith, the Auditor General of a bank in Africa, during the course of our auditing I discovered a floating fund in an account opened in the bank in 1995 and since 1998 nobody has operated on this account again, after going through some old files in the records I discovered that the owner of the account died without a [heir] hence the money is floating and if I do not remit this money out urgently it will be forfeited for nothing. the owner of this account is Mr. Frankline Sullivan, a foreigner, and a sailor, and he died, since 1998. and no other person knows about this account or any thing concerning it, the account has no other beneficiary and my investigation proved to me as well that Frankline Sullivan until his death was the manager Sulliv Coy.(pty). SA.
We will start the first transfer with Twenty six million [$26,000.000] upon successful transaction without any disappoint from your side, we shall re-apply for the payment of the remaining rest amount to your account.
The amount involved is (USD 126M) One hundred and Twenty Six million United States Dollars, only I want to first transfer $26,000.000 [Twenty Six million United States Dollar from this money into a safe foreigners account abroad before the rest, but I don't know any foreigner, I am only contacting you as a foreigner because this money can not be approved to a local person here, without valid international foreign passport, but can only be approved to any foreigner with valid international passport or drivers license and foreign a/c because the money is in us dollars and the former owner of the a/c Mr. Frankline Sullivan is a foreigner too, [ the money can only be approved into a foreign a/c.]
However, we will sign a binding agreement, to bind us together I got your contact address from my secretary who operates computer, I am revealing this to you with believe in God that you will never let me down in this business, So please reply urgently so that I will inform you the next step to take urgently. Send also your private telephone and fax number including the full details of the account to be used for the deposit.
I want us to meet face to face to build confidence and to sign a binding agreement that will bind us together before transferring the money to any account of your choice where the fund will be safe. Before we fly to your country for withdrawal, sharing and investments.
I need your full co-operation to make this work fine. because the management is ready to approve this payment to any foreigner who has correct information of this account, which I will give to you, upon your positive response and once I am convinced that you are capable and will meet up with instruction of a key bank official who is deeply involved with me in this business.
I need your strong assurance that you will never, never let me down.
With my influence and the position of the bank official we can transfer this money to any foreigner's reliable account which you can provide with assurance that this money will be intact pending our physical arrival in your country for sharing. The bank official will destroy all documents of transaction immediately we receive this money leaving no trace to any place and to build confidence you can come immediately to discuss with me face to face after which I will make this remittance in your presence and three of us will fly to your country at least two days ahead of the money going into the account.
I will apply for annual leave to get visa immediately I hear from you that you are ready to act and receive this fund in your account. I will use my position and influence to obtain all legal approvals for onward transfer of this money to your account with appropriate clearance from the relevant ministries and foreign exchange departments.
At the conclusion of this business, you will be given 35% of the total amount, 60% will be for me, while 5% will be for expenses both parties might have incurred during the process of transferring.
Best Regard,
Rolnald Smith.

Recommended Answers

All 45 Replies

Yeah, it's hard to believe, but it must be worthwhile to keep doing it since it's been around for about 40 years now. It does have a serious side though, I've read that some victims got killed after trying to back out when they were in too deep.

Member Avatar for

If you really like the Nigerian Scam letters just google "Nigerian Scam" or try this site that has them broken down into categories:
http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/Nigerian/nigerianex.htm

I started collecting them a couple of months ago but got fed up. They are also called 419 scams. You can also try this site:
http://www.snopes2.com/inboxer/scams/nigeria.asp

Snopes is particularly good because it is a collection of many of the world's best urban legends (you know - all those breathless emails that warn you about the (?????) that you must send to all your friends so they don't die/burn down their house/kill their pets/whatever.

GrimJack

If you really like the Nigerian Scam letters just google "Nigerian Scam" or try this site that has them broken down into categories:
http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/Nigerian/nigerianex.htm

I started collecting them a couple of months ago but got fed up. They are also called 419 scams. You can also try this site:
http://www.snopes2.com/inboxer/scams/nigeria.asp

Snopes is particularly good because it is a collection of many of the world's best urban legends (you know - all those breathless emails that warn you about the (?????) that you must send to all your friends so they don't die/burn down their house/kill their pets/whatever.

GrimJack

Thanks for the links, they are very interesting :)

Right :rolleyes:

hello,
My name is sonul , I am the newset member of your group and am very exited about it ...
Regards,
Sonul....[*_-]

Ok, this may seem quite strange but i LOVE reading through nigerian/african bank fraud emails, they try to convince you that you will get rich and in fact take all your money. Its all highly illegal but i love reading through them. I am amazed by the efforts these people put into conjouring up riduiculous stories. From nigerian royalty to brothers on death beds, these emails are really quite interesting...below is an email i recently received. Please post more of these emails if you receive any :cheesy:

ok....lol.... :rolleyes:

People have some fun with them too.. do a search on google for 419 baiters.. example:

http://www.419eater.com/

Some funny stuff there.

dale

Hey Sonaul. Welcome to DaniWeb ;) Gee, what a thread to post a welcome.

lol -- found this which you guys may find interesting:

How some spammers get your e-mail
Experts: Spammers turn to chain letters to collect addresses

By Powell Fraser
CNN

(CNN) --Forget bad luck. Those annoying chain letters circulating the Internet could be cursing you with an inbox full of spam e-mail, computer experts warn.

While not as efficient as "spiders" which automatically crawl the Web in search of addresses, computer experts warn that some spammers are using chain letters to collect e-mail usernames.

"Chain letters are the ideal place to collect addresses. I've seen several hundred on one e-mail. The list went on for pages," said Bill Orvis, who maintains the U.S. Department of Energy's hoax advisory Web site.

Organizations that help users and companies fight spam have begun to take notice. Orvis, for example, recently posted Web warnings for government employees and the public, pointing out the dangers of forwarding chain letters.

So far, no spammers have been caught harvesting e-mail addresses from chain letters, but Orvis thinks it's just a matter of time.

"Just by forwarding a message to a dozen friends, it only takes a few generations before you fill the network with messages," he said.
Some experts skeptical

Other spam experts, however, are skeptical about this tactic. Michael Herrick, whose Spamfire software helps individual users filter junk e-mail, doesn't think spammers are using chain letters in this way.

Pam Small, spokesperson for the spam filtering company SurfControl, was also skeptical about the use of this tactic.

"Yes, it can be done, and yes, it may be done by some of the less sophisticated spammers," she said. "But because spammers are dealing in high volumes and looking for valid e-mail addresses, there are quicker ways to gather them."

Herrick, however, admits that the practice could be a good way to bypass e-mail filters which block messages from senders who are not known to the recipient. Spammers could use chain letters to discover the addresses of people with whom you frequently communicate. Spam purporting to be from someone in your address book would sneak by filters.

"If I were a spammer, I'd be working very hard to perfect this technique," he said.

i sign the spammers adress up for spam hehehehe

Very good !!!

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

What about this....I bet if they become writer they are gonna earn much better!!!

Name: Ahmed Raafia
Email: ahmed_raafia@walla.com
Tel: +855-11694305.
Attention:My Good Friend,

I am contacting you based on trust and I believe you will treat this offer with keen interest and utmost sincerity.
My name is AHMED RAAFIA,My father got maried to African American from a speaking colony of Cote D' Ivoire were I grow up and the family was blessed with two children I and my younger sister sarah who is 15 years old although she is late.
Following the recent crises between the Israeli forces and the hezbollahs militant group in lebanon, During one of the Israel air strike in lebanon, my parent became victim of war as my parents lost there lives on their trip to our home in lebanon. Our building was razed to nothing leaving 13 people dead and over 65 injured.MAY THEIR SOUL REST IN PEACE!!!!
My father was a cash crop merchant and an international business man on exchange of international currency.He deposited the sum of $19 Million US Dollars under the coustody of a Financial firm here in a secured arrangement,Because of the love he has for me,he told me in confidence about the fund.
Please I need your sincere help now!My life is in danger due to frequent war and political crises in Lebanon and Cote D' Ivoire as I do not want to stay here.Please help me and save my life.I want to take you as my late father's business associate so that you will help me claim the fund for investment and we can make an arrangement for the transfer of the fund to you for investment.
I need your assistance in getting a residence for me and also help me in investing the fund in profit yeilding business in your country. and your willingness to go into investment will be appreciated.Moreso, as soon as the fund enters into your care, you will invest the fund.
I will offer you 30% of the total fund for your assistance alone.As soon as I here from you I will give you all the information you need about the fund you may require from me thereafter.

Please get back to me as soon as posible and endeavour to include your telephone
Please reply with this id and called me with this number +855-11694305.
Await your call.

BEST REGARDS
AHMED RAFAAIA.

i got the funniest spam today.It was a mail which just said:

-SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM- -SPAM-

FUNNIEST EMAIL EVER!

Lol what the heck?

yeah it was so random

Spammers suck :D

Yeha I have to agree with you I've already won the british, nigerian, and worldwide lotteries that I didn't even enter. I felt bad that I couldn't transfer 250 million into my bank account to help out a dying person. Sometime they really choke me up. not

I checked one of my email accounts and there was a spam message about my EBAY auction (I dont have any) and of course when i went to the Item # it was invalid :D

Stupid idiot morons

I checked one of my email accounts and there was a spam message about my EBAY auction (I dont have any) and of course when i went to the Item # and it was invalid :D

Stupid idiot morons

You double posted, dude. I get thiose ones too. The link says ebay but if you hover over it it is an ip adress with a web server set up to look like ebay. I get the ones allegedly ftom my bank too (which is wierd considering i dont believe in banks and dont have an account.....) :)

They are always funny to read. However, you have to remember that although we are smart enough to spot a scam, many are not. If these people weren't making money - you wouldn't be getting them.

You double posted, dude. I get thiose ones too. The link says ebay but if you hover over it it is an ip adress with a web server set up to look like ebay. I get the ones allegedly ftom my bank too (which is wierd considering i dont believe in banks and dont have an account.....) :)

I assure you, they do exist.

You double posted, dude.

Sorry my friend.....

Everyone also must be familiar with the "overpayment" scam where the scammer sends bogus money orders or cashiers checks and then asks that you send back the excess through Western Union. I am causing untold heartburn to one of these guys just out of fun. Originally I was trying to get him to give me his mailing address so I could send him in turn a bogus check that I would photoshop. He didn't bite, but I led him on one way or another for weeks. I told him I got the money from the bank in 20's and was carrying around a huge wad of cash in my front pocket and I hoped no bad guy would see it and figure it out. I even asked his guidance and asked if he thought I should put it in my back pocket instead. Finally, I did go down to Western Union and spent the $15 service charge and sent him $1.50 when I was supposed to send $1500. He went to pick it up and of course got all confused and frantic and figured that Western Union had screwed it up. I also told him I was passing through Heathrow on the way to Amsterdam and wanted him to meet me at the Aer Lingus counter between flights because there is an additional $2000 overpayment to be made. Couldn't get him to bite, but I'm still trying to figure out how I can prolong his pain. I sure wish I could send him a key logger with the scanned image of my Western Union receipt but I don't know how. What I would do then is see who all he is trying to scam and then warn them, and he wouldn't even know what is happening.

commented: you sir, are smart. Just don't get killed or something. +3

well you got his e-mail address why not forward it to the other scams as your new e-mail address.

commented: emails can be changed.... +0

If you are really lucky, you can even get spam like this in your Private Messages right here, like I did :)

Dear,

I know that my message will come to you as a surprise since I don’t know you in person or meet with you before, but I am of the believe that you would be obliged to come to my assistance after hearing about my situation.

I was, until recently, a Medical student of the University of Abidjan, Ivory Coast

West Africa.I am the only child of late Mr Frederick Akaza. My father was a very wealthy cocoa merchant based in Abidjan, the economic capital of Ivory Coast.

He was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their outing to discuss on a business last year. When my mother died on the October 1989, my father took me so special because I am motherless. Before the death of my father last year, in a private hospital here in Abidjan.

He secretly called me on his bed side and told me that he has a sum of US$ 9,500,000 left in account in a bank here in Abidjan, that he used my name for the next of kin in deposit of the fund. He also explained to me that it is because of this wealth that he was poisoned by his business associates.
1)I am honourably seeking your assistance to provide a bank account where this money will be transferred to.
2)You will serve as the guardian of this funds since I am a boy of 20 years.
3)You will make arrangement for me to come over to your country after the money has been transferred to you.I have plans to do investment in your country, like real estate and industrial production. This is my reason for writing to you. Please if you are willing to assist me please indicate your interest. I am willing to offer you 15% of the total sum as compensation for your effort/input after this successful transfer of this fund to your nominated account overseas.
Finally if you have any question as regards this transaction, so that I

will send you documents of this fund. Note that the confidentiality of this transaction would be highly appreciated in replying soonest.
Thanks and best regards.
Peter Akaza
Phone 0022506084810
EMAIL Address peterakaza00@yahoo.fr

I wonder how many others got this PM. Good 'ol "peee2007" seem to still be an active member, so maybe we'll see some more!

Whoa! I want one! Why do spammers never attack me?! :(

I'm sure he would be happy to hear from you if you wish to write him at that email address :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.