I have been hearing talk that we've finally been seeing a google PR update. Some sites have actually seen their PR go up. Unfortunately not DaniWeb :( In addition, some pages that I deleted off of here ages and ages ago, and removed all references to, still have a PR5. So I thought maybe someone had more insight than I?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi Dani,

Something has definitely happened. On my main site I saw no change on the main page but most of the first level pages went from PR4->PR5. All internal pages (other than some phpBB threads) are now all PR4.

My other site which I've put up since the last PR update has hit a PR 5 on the first go which I'm pretty stoked with.

Other than that general consensus is that this appears to be a pretty normal PR update. A lot of people complaining about going down or staying the same, and a lot crowing about increasing.

Of course all of this has had absolutely no effect on SERPS as that is of course completely separate from the PR update cycle.

Mark

when i searched bill's pc tips&tricks home my site used to come up in google now when i search my site all that it says is that it is mikeandike22's homepage and there is a link to my profile here. How do i change that.

when i searched bill's pc tips&tricks home my site used to come up in google now when i search my site all that it says is that it is mikeandike22's homepage and there is a link to my profile here. How do i change that.

The only way is to get your website regarded by google as more of an authority on ''bill's pc tips&tricks home" than Dani's website. Dani's site is regarded by Google as important enough that just some text in your signature on the forums here is enough to outrank your site. This isn't unusual for important forums and obscure KW phrases like this one. I've seen one forum owner outrank a legal firm for their own company name just with a couple of forum posts about some legal problems he was having with them.

my PR went up on a couple of sites. 2 pr0 sites went up to pr2, and my pr3/pr1 forums, went up to pr4/pr3 forums :)

friend's site went from pr0 to pr4. there was definately an update. dont think they updated backlinks though.

I just noticed that our new blogs, code snippets, and tutorials sections now have PR, and if you guys recall, those sections were just added recently. So apparently DaniWeb did see an update. Sorta disappointing though that we're still stuck at PR5 :(

that is too bad sorry it didnt work out but how do you know some forum member doesnt code or design for google because if a member did maybe they could pull some strings.
(by the way i dont know how this PR stuf works so if couldnt be fixed by that then dont think i am a total noob).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.