Alright my budget for next year is going to be roughly 1000 dollars for seo I have contacted a few companies but nothing I have found really seems that great most are 1000 a month and that is my yearly budget. I did run across this site http://www.submitplus.com and they did have some pretty decent reviews and no complaints that I could find. I am a little skeptical however as they are much cheaper than everything else. Here is my question. If you only had 1000 dollars for seo in your budget for the entire year and wanted to get the best results you could what would you do?? Does anyone know anything about this company as well??? Should I even spend this money on Seo or maybe do ppc instead?? Is their any other company that is in my price range that is better or should I out source to Asia or Mexico?
Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Before you start plunking down your entire budget on outsourcing to an SEO company, think about what it is that you want them to do for you, and then figure out if it's possible for you to do it yourself, at a fraction of the cost.

Definitely set some of that money aside for PPC. But before you actually get it to work for you, figure out what your goals are: Which are your best converting pages (i.e. if a user enters your site from page A they're 20% more likely to purchase/sign-up/etc than from page B)? How much is a conversion worth to you, and how much are you willing to spend on a conversion? In other words, know your ROI before investing in any type of ad campaign.

Alright my budget for next year is going to be roughly 1000 dollars for seo I have contacted a few companies but nothing I have found really seems that great most are 1000 a month and that is my yearly budget. I did run across this site http://www.submitplus.com and they did have some pretty decent reviews and no complaints that I could find. I am a little skeptical however as they are much cheaper than everything else. Here is my question. If you only had 1000 dollars for seo in your budget for the entire year and wanted to get the best results you could what would you do?? Does anyone know anything about this company as well??? Should I even spend this money on Seo or maybe do ppc instead?? Is their any other company that is in my price range that is better or should I out source to Asia or Mexico?
Thanks.

Would suggest looking around and if you're on a budget, you can try to hire someone through a forum (but there'll be more overhead of checking up on them, etc.)

It's well worth it in the long run though!

I'd keep your money and spend more time developing better quality web content and then develop more of it. In essence, this is doing your own SEO.

commented: I agree! +1

I wouldn't pay a company for SEO work. a business that I know of paid a huge amount a month to this acclaimed SEO Web Designer. Instead of their site going up on google ranks and being seen more often it went way down! I would take a few hours a day to read webmaster guidelines, make sure for any images you have you remember to add the alt command, and just keep learning about SEO! I am still learning a ton about SEO; I would call my self a beginner but I have been able to double my page views in one month. I hope to triple them in the following month.

I wouldn't pay a company for SEO work. a business that I know of paid a huge amount a month to this acclaimed SEO Web Designer. Instead of their site going up on google ranks and being seen more often it went way down! I would take a few hours a day to read webmaster guidelines, make sure for any images you have you remember to add the alt command, and just keep learning about SEO! I am still learning a ton about SEO; I would call my self a beginner but I have been able to double my page views in one month. I hope to triple them in the following month.

I wish this was a option I would love to learn more.However I already work 2 jobs and run 2 sites so I do not have 1 second of free time.

I wish this was a option I would love to learn more.However I already work 2 jobs and run 2 sites so I do not have 1 second of free time.

Okay; well I will kinda say what Dani did but say it a little different.

You want to hire an SEO company because you want more people to go to your site. What do you expect that they will do for you? What they will most likely do is just change your page somewhat so it is more SEO friendly a big huge tip I have to give you is don't have your title of your page be vague have it be exactly what the page is about. Lets take a example a dude that has a site selling cheap real estate has his page title as "more real estate" if he did some SEO work on that title he could put something like "Cheap real estate, foreclosed homes and land for sale. " that would probably help out that site a lot! Since your being more clear about what that page is about. Now your metadata content should be as clear as possible lets take the same example and say the guy put "just some real estate I want to sell you." Instead he could replace that and put "foreclosing homes; foreclosed housing prices are so low you shouldn't look anywhere else!" that would really help with people that type in the words foreclosing homes the example dude probably would get more viewers. I hope you can take from my example and experiment with your site to see if it helps. these are just ideas and I am not a SEO expert I am pretty new at it so take my advice with a grain of salt.

commented: Thank you +1

you should hire freelancer if u have small budget in seo.

Freelancers for SEO could be risky as I said in a previous post a business was having to pay a acclaimed SEO Web Designer every month a very large amount (bigger than a thousand dollars) I would personally do it myself (I used to not even have a clue what SEO was) now that I do I have doubled my traffic to my site but I am still a beginner.

I guess my problem(main one) with this site is that when I made it I did not include any keywords in my url I have all my other sites indexed pretty good and I did all the seo myself however I had the keywords in my url. This site does not and I have not been able to get anything close to my keywords. If someone could just get me on the right pages I could do the rest lol.
That is my biggest problem that and time I never have enough of it.
Also before you ask I am talking about the . com site in my link not the . net site. I have had several people pm me and say well you have a flash site I am not referring to that site. I am referring to the . net site. Thanks alot

I looked at your site and saw a few things that can be changed to make your site picked up more by search engines and also help people with disabilities ( 2 for one!) You do not have any alt commands for your images. It would only take a few minutes to add in a description to your images that makes it clear what they are to people who can't see your images and for search engines. I know adding a description to every image doesn't sound like it would help but in reality it does. I do not add a description to an image if it is a background that is the only time I don't follow normal procedures of adding descriptions.

How does this help people who can't see your images and search engines? Easy you just write in what the image represents (or does) like if it was an image of a bear drinking coca-cola the description would probably be "if a bear enjoys a nice cold drink of coca-cola; your sure too!" I personally don't like coca-cola but I thought that was a good description idea that shows with words what the image is and the search engine would probably pick up the words "coca-cola" along with "nice cold drink". I hope this helps :)

commented: thanks +1

I'll suggest you four things at the out set in the SEO plan you'll pay for:

faster indexing of new pages
meta tags
plenty of backlinks from relevant sites
tracknig your website improvement many times a day in order to keep from any negative issues there.

Just follow these simple steps for 6 mnoths and you'll rock.

Hi well I am into my new year and it has gone good thanks to this forum. I actually found a lot of good help here, Thanks

Hire a company after analysis their clients and their rankings in search engine result pages.

I guess there's no problem if the site is in dot com or dot net as long as it has good content.You are right,the keyword is important and i think you need to focus more in getting the right keyword for your site.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.