I am receiving huge difference in the traffic report from the GA & the traffic report from the webstats software. The stats from the software shows traffic almost 10 times the traffic shown in GA
Can anyone explain the reason for such a huge difference?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

We use another software as well but ten times is a lot of difference to show in the two. Do you have two GA codes on your site? Sometimes that can throw off data. Otherwise it depends on whatever else you are using for tracking software, maybe it's reading extra because of your settings. Oofta though, that's a large difference.

I too use another software to keep track of my visitors, but it shows a little difference in reports between GA & software. I don't think that GA can do mistake, may be Techie08 is right.

I too use another software to keep track of my visitors, but it shows a little difference in reports between GA & software. I don't think that GA can do mistake, may be Techie08 is right.

Marquita says:

There is problems with all software. I would trust your site stats on your web host. Are you sure you're not looking at different stats? Perhaps hits on GA & unique visitors in the other?

Marquita Jensen

Marquita says:

There is problems with all software. I would trust your site stats on your web host. Are you sure you're not looking at different stats? Perhaps hits on GA & unique visitors in the other?

Marquita Jensen

Nope. The webstats software which is installed uses the log files to genrate the report. Do you think this might be the reason for such a huge difference.

We use another software as well but ten times is a lot of difference to show in the two. Do you have two GA codes on your site? Sometimes that can throw off data. Otherwise it depends on whatever else you are using for tracking software, maybe it's reading extra because of your settings. Oofta though, that's a large difference.

The webstats software uses the server logs to provide the statistics. So I am bit confused whether to believe in GA or webstats..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.