I own and operate two sites for fun. If possible I may be able to get a business' to place ad's on my site. Like I said these sites are for fun not profit. I want to get more members though. How do I get my sites to pull in more members with search engines. Are there any tricks you could show an average person to make their site more visible. I have been able to figure out quite a bit from hands on experience as far as operating the sites goes. I thought it might be more than I could handle but sar far so good. Thanks ahead of time for any help you may be able to give.
Thanks again

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

The best way to get members to Fun sites is forum participating and promoting your website thru signature links. Also, by doing link exchange with entertainment sites can increase your traffic. Also, there is one more way to get traffic to fun sites and that's Link Dump Submissions but (SFW sites.)

If you want to pull members from SEO first your site must be visible from SEO's. You can target a particular keywords and optimize your site on it. You can learn a lot from these forum on how to do that but it takes time.
I also suggest you a site called Local Internet Marketing , This site can help you a lot..
Goodluck and welcome!

Also, giving proper time for all tasks is very important. Giving gap on any task can put you back. Also updating the site content is very important. Search engines are always in a search of new stuffs, so make your content unique, attractive and easily readable.

SEO is an acronym for "search engine optimization" or "search engine optimizer." Deciding to hire an SEO is a big decision that can potentially improve your site and save time, but you can also risk damage to your site and reputation. Make sure to research the potential advantages as well as the damage that an irresponsible SEO can do to your site. Many SEOs and other agencies and consultants provide useful services for website owners, including:

* Review of your site content or structure
* Technical advice on website development: for example, hosting, redirects, error pages, use of JavaScript
* Content development
* Management of online business development campaigns
* Keyword research
* SEO training
* Expertise in specific markets and geographies.

The first thing I would suggest is adding a signature to your account on this forum. If you had one I would have clicked it thinking it might be the websites your talking about? Don't be afraid to pass your URL around. What are the websites?

If you have a fun site, I think use social communities like myspace, facebook, bebo and use fun forums. And spread there with your signature or by making new friends.

for members, your site must be in ranking, either it for fun or business it should be in ranking and for ranking you got to do some seo work like getting free backlinks, you also post your site in forum for better visitors.....

Here's the quick three step approach.

1. Make full use of the web page's optimizable components; most importantly are the Title, Description, emphasizing tags, Hx elements, internal linking structure ...
2. Craft you actual web content in such a way as to be indisputably important, unquestionably unique and decisively authoritative.
3. Keep performing 1 and 2.

SEO is an acronym for "search engine optimization" or "search engine optimizer." Deciding to hire an SEO is a big decision that can potentially improve your site and save time, but you can also risk damage to your site and reputation. Make sure to research the potential advantages as well as the damage that an irresponsible SEO can do to your site. Many SEOs and other agencies and consultants provide useful services for website owners, including:

* Review of your site content or structure
* Technical advice on website development: for example, hosting, redirects, error pages, use of JavaScript
* Content development
* Management of online business development campaigns
* Keyword research
* SEO training
* Expertise in specific markets and geographies.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.