We are developing a travel site. There will be cities and towns. Each city will have as content:
-google map
-photos from flickr
-article about the city from free article site
-user generated content (not in all places).

Before any user publish anything about the city, only first things will be there.

Can be those copied articles a problem from SEO point of view?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Google will find duplicate articles in your website and devalue your web site's SERP.

If you edit the article properly and changed the targeted keywords in the articles as per your requirements and title of the article, then it is ok. But still i will suggest you to write some unique articles it will help you better in SERP's.

If you edit the article properly and changed the targeted keywords in the articles as per your requirements and title of the article, then it is ok. But still i will suggest you to write some unique articles it will help you better in SERP's.

I agree with this . And also its better if we use the free articles for our reference only so we can make new articles from the free articles topic

Yes, rather than copying articles and editing them why not to use the Reprint Articles that are available free on web. Many sites provides free articles that we can use on our website, the only thing is if you put their link on your website you will be able to use their articles for free.

Any duplicate content will be bad in your site ranking, try to change some words especially in the Title .

Agreed! I find it better to write your own articles then use free ones, this way you can target your own specific keywords.

I don't think there is anything wrong to use the free articles, but one should take care that the title must be unique and the article must be edited properly,

If you use them "As Is", It's a total waste of time even copying them and updating your site with the content. But If you use them after rewriting, you won't have any problem from search engines. But using the same article is USELESS.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.