Please put your valuable tips here on SEO...

Never copy/paste other sites content, you can lose your unique style of writing. If you still want to do it then don't forget to credit the source from where you are copying the content.

Recommended Answers

All 60 Replies

To be succesfull on search engines, you need to have an ongoing startegy witha mix of techniques including social media marketing, link building, directory submissions, article marketing and press release submission. Repeat the steps for a year and you stand a good chance to receive a top 5 rank no matter how competitive the keywords are.

Build quality related backlinks for your site, It can definitely help your site to rank on SERP..

Some of the seo off page activities that we can do are
1) search engine submission
2) Directory submission
3) Articles submission
4) Create blog and also post good comment on other blog etc.

1. A good Keyword rich title
2. Quality and unique content
3. Quality, High-PR, Do-follow backlinks with keyword rich Anchor Text

These three are the main factors in deciding the rankings of your sites, In my opinion.

my best tip is to:
Post Post Post Post a lot

Hi,

That's all basics of SEO. Is there any new thing in the world of SEO?

The only way to rank in the search engines is authority.

100 low quality = 1 good quality link.

Optimize your website for people, not for search engines. This is a #1 tip of all times.

To rank a website top in all major search engines for the chosen competitive keywords, you need to optimize a website with an effective Link Building Strategy.

On Page:

1. Make sure the Titles, Description, Keywords, H1, H2 etc are keyword rich and contain the targeted keyword.
2. The content of the website should be unique and keyword rich, but also user friendly

Off Page:

Syndicating website content using the following channels.

1. Social Bookmarking
2. Directories
3. Forums
4. Articles
5. Press Releases
6. Blogs
7. Reciprocal links.

This is just an example strategy. But implanting some of the above, the website would rank top in most major search engines for the chosen competitive keywords within a short period of time.

Best tips I could give you is to:

1. Learn how to effectively use the English language paying particular attention to grammar, spelling and making full use of prefixes, suffixes, synonyms, lexicons, morphology, abbreviations etc.
2. Learn how to effectively optimize your web content and how to use the optimizable web page components (Title, Description, naming conventions, headings, lightly emphasizing keyphrases ...).

Note: "lightly emphasizing" seems to be an oxymoron but experienced search engine optimizers know what I mean. I mean emphasize the keyphrases for the search engine to detect but do it in a way that doesn't interfere with the Internet visitor's experience.

my experience for this, first you need to add some original content to your site, is very important for the trial period, which would help for submitting to google, when google indexed your site, you need to submitt to directories and ses firstly as this are your initial links to your site, after 3 month, your site will get pr 1 or 2, then try to exchange link from other webmaster keep doing this, when about 100 quality links add to your site, you will get first page on google.

forget to tell about the search result, my experience is for 10000000 pages of google searching.

Make your site user and search engine friendly by avoiding flash, however now its not necessary as google bots are capable of indexing the flash contents, but avoiding flash can protect your site speed. Build a sitemap and put on your site so that it will be easy for audiences to find what they are looking for. Update your site content regularly.

I agree that if at all you take help of someone else's content to write one of your own, you should give due credit to the original author of the content. There are many different techniques that are being used for taking website's market positions up to a new level such as article submission, directory submission, blogging, seo, content optimization, etc.

Write unique content with regular update
Target your keywords/keyword phrase
Make your web page accessible to SE and Searchers
Use the keyword phrase in your title tag

Absolute URLs
title tags
alt tags
h1's & h2's should plug the same keywords as your title tags
Title tags
use strong an em tags on keywords
optimize 3 phrases per page tops
create a sitemap and submit to google
add tons of pages
add more pages
register your domain for longer then 3 years at a time
include keyphrases in your domain name if possible
use seo-friendly page naming conventions
post articles with inbound links
submit to search engines
add more pages

Really great tips, canadafred.

Use the "All in One SEO Pack" plugin. It really helps in search engine optimization. Use short titles of about 4 to 9 words and include your main keywords in it. Also, mention the meta keywords, however google don't give importance but yahoo and other search engines does.

If you take a look at the SEO trends running on the net since several years ago, you would notice that the off page elements have been gaining more power shares of the on page items and so links have remained the key elements in top rankings issues.

If you take a look at the SEO trends running on the net since several years ago, you would notice that the off page elements have been gaining more power shares of the on page items and so links have remained the key elements in top rankings issues.

But i have heard that now google is no more giving importance to backlinks.

in my opinion do the Related Backlink

Please put your valuable tips here on SEO...

Never copy/paste other sites content, you can lose your unique style of writing. If you still want to do it then don't forget to credit the source from where you are copying the content.

This is the main rule of the article directories. The contents can be published elsewhere as long as you keep the article in tact.

If you want to have unique content, you can always rewrite somethingif you find it very interesting.

Love to read this post very valuable info.

According to my own experiences,

Blog Post and Commenting---say something for teh content's sake;
Forums Posting---contributing useful info;
Article Submission---no duplicating and relible article website;
Directory Submission---free one usually don't give u much help ,go for the paid one.
Social Bookmarking--make u stuff unique enough for others to bookmark u.

You have to consider the following factors when Optimizing a website:

1. Quality content - this lessens the amount of bounce rate that you are getting.
2. On-Page Optimization - deals with the proper use of title tags, meta tags, alt tags (use when describing images), description tags, headings and keywords
3. Off-Page Optimization - it deals with building links.

Get quality links from social media sites like squidoo, hubpages...etc..

Use synonymous phrases in title, meta tags and headers

Include related words and phrases in page titles, text, and header meta tags.
This will expand the range of keywords that the web page might be listed under.
For example, my page has a title of "Search Engine Optimization tips and Tricks -
HTML, CSS, XHTML - FierceStreet Networks!", while this specific tip header is
"SEO: Optimize Your Web Pages". This page has been targeted for anyone searching
for either of these words. Search engines value the page title, meta tags and page headers (within HTML <H1> tags) more than any text in the page.

Use descriptive links using key words

When linking to web pages within your website, use descriptive words in that
link to describe that page. Advanced search engines use these words as the keywords defining the content of the page

Basic promotional activity always helpful for website like - Directory Submission. Add your link to effective and active directories for getting easy link for the website.

Yes i agree with you about content. content is king in seo

1) search engine submission

Not necessarily, if u can build many links, they will find u!

4) Create blog and also post good comment on other blog etc.

Make sure the blog u comment is a do follow one!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.