In the search engine wars, Microsoft has been nowhere to be found when it comes to market share. In fact, they nearly spent over $40 billion to buy Yahoo which is a distant competitor to Google which owns about a 75% market share of searches. In the latest battle for search engine market share, Microsoft has launched a new search engine called Bing and everyone is reviewing the information.
Search engine optimization is critical for any business because SEO, acronym for search engine optimization, is how your business shows up when a potential customer enters a query on Google, Yahoo, or now Bing. As you’ve heard me say in other articles, search engines are the yellow pages of today; just the order that your business is found is based on importance and not how much money you’ve spent with that advertiser.
The big so what on Bing is that we now have another search engine to check as we make sure to search engine optimize our websites. Microsoft has very deep pockets and is very willing to launch products while losing money, learn about the consumer product experience, and then make adjustments to gain market share. Microsoft has been very focused on Google as their primary competitor in recent years and the attractive PPC revenues will be the reason that Bing will be around and revamped for several years unless Microsoft makes an acquisition in this category. As a full search web development company that offers website design and search engine optimization services, we will continue to monitor the development of Bing as a search engine to make sure our search engine optimization services and our website design will be friendly to the search engine.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Well written post but also a veiled advertisement for your company. As you have not really added to any of the discussions that already existed on the forum about Bing, it can only be left to be assumed that you are hoping people will be intrigued with your analysis and seek you out to find who your company is. If you really want to advertise your company, you can do so in the Business Forum where you can talk directly about your company. If you want to contribute to the overall knowledge base that is growing here, you are welcome to do so without the marketing subtext.

Bing is still MSN and so, on page optimization factors like using the headings tags as well as writing good titles are both very helpful.

Precisely. Decent rankings in meaningful keyphrase environments for any of the Microsoft search products (MSN, Bing and Live) are generally attained as a result of two factors:

1. The web pages have unique, important, evolving and credible content.
2. Basic, ethical SEO. The optimizable web page/site components need to be well crafted to revolve around a few important, primary keyphrases and to be dynamic enough (spelling variations, synonymous keyphrases, abbreviations etc.) to cast a big net for secondary and auxilliary keyphrases . By well-crafted, I mean, the actual SEO focuses on webpage Titles, descriptions, heading tags, ways to emphasize the keyphrases, natural looking and helpful image alt and anchor title tag attributes, the internal anchor linking structure, logical naming conventions for webpages and graphics ...

Its not that hard to score high in Bing

Nice Post but i think it will take time for even MSN with Bing to compete with google who is the king in search engine.

Bing could be a good search engine but its very new so lets see how good bing can be in the future

Bing could be unique search engine in the Vertical Search.

Bing could be a good search engine but its very new so lets see how good bing can be in the future

yep... They have to give big fight to compete with Google.

I have submitted my site to MSN several times, and I don't believe it is indexed. Every time I run a popularity check on my site it lists 0 for MSN, 122 Gmail, and about 2000 for Yahoo. Anyone else experience this?

My name is Frank and I have just optimized my website basically for all search engines. I just want to know - should I optimize my website for Bing.

Please share your views and help to get some ideas about optimization for Bing.

My name is Frank and I have just optimized my website basically for all search engines. I just want to know - should I optimize my website for Bing.

Please share your views and help to get some ideas about optimization for Bing.

I would suggest that you allow the organic results be determined first and then go from there. Submit the site to Bing and see what happens.

thanks for the nice post

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.