I have creat a new site,and now i'm building links everyday,when i check my backlinks on google,i can not found any links,but i can see the increase on yahoo,why?
And i use site:,link: and go to google webmastertool to check it,all of them show me none.You know my site is a new site , and i just submit pages to some social bookmark sites and forum sig.

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Even i cant find the backlinks of my blog in google. It is possible that till the time google bots does not index the backlinks, it does not display them in search results.

Google doesn't accurately display your back links. They just don't because you might get too hung up on it.

However, you can get an detailed look on your back links in Yahoo! It's the most accurate of them all. Simply go to Yahoo and fill in [linkdomain:www.mysite.com] and check 'except from my domain' to exclude your own internal links. This command will take you to 'Yahoo site explorer', a really cool place.

Good luck with that -- J

Google doesn't accurately display your back links. They just don't because you might get too hung up on it.

However, you can get an detailed look on your back links in Yahoo! It's the most accurate of them all. Simply go to Yahoo and fill in [linkdomain:www.mysite.com] and check 'except from my domain' to exclude your own internal links. This command will take you to 'Yahoo site explorer', a really cool place.

Good luck with that -- J

Yes, and i usually check it on backlinkswatch[dot]com but it showing only 1st 1000 results and not the other one. :(

Not only that Google didn't show all backlinks, any backlink checker can't show u all the links. Expecially the free checkers on line.

So i suggest u to use sevaral link checkers together! If possible, pay for the check!

Do quality link building and submit your site at related categories

Do quality link building and submit your site at related categories

I think the thing here is the dude ha bulit links, but Google didn't show it!

Another question is: are all those links coming back to your website related? For example if a blog is about "how to keep the environment safe" and your site has totally different topic. It can be counter productive. So take your time, do it wise and do it right - bskyline

links wont display till google next crawls the page the links are on, (till then the SE does not know they exist, Yahoo's bot has ocrawled the page) and determines that your site is worth displaying.
its always quicker if your site is submitted,
the sitemap shows all your pages
there is something for the bots to determine relevance on, even if as yet there are no pages displayed
else they find the links, mark the new site(yours) to crawl, determine relevance, determine whether to display links,
a few pages at a time bots do not index all pages of a new site right now
billions of sites, less bots,
takes time,
its imperfect, but what you gonna do block SE bots?
google suggest submitting your site to speed up the process

ist simple, it means that the links have not been cached by google, i would suggest you to build some links from high PR pages

If you want to know how your backlinks appear in Google's eyes, just sign an account with Google webmaster center and validate your sites. Then you would find your backlinks in the control panel though always delay in update. :)

Create more quality back links for your site regularly work on-page or off-page strategy, directory submission, article submission, social bookmarking, blog commenting, press release..........etc

thanks for the helpful information

Well google and msn will not show all of your links. The reasoning: they don't want to give away your secrets. If you use webmaster tools, than you can view all of your back links that google counts. We all know that back links make up one part of the page rank system, therefore google likes to protect some of your hard work while yahoo will release your information to your competitors.
When backlinks do show up on Google they are often from only the highest quality sites; those that are already considered credible themselves and are undeniably relevant to the linked website

I think Google may do this to prevent reverse engr...

Use backlink checker to see the backlinks for a website.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.