I just read on mashable today about how Google has increased their search box. This change reflects the trend that many users include more than 2 search terms to generate a search.
http://mashable.com/2009/09/09/google-supersized/
So in regards to SEO for your site, will this change prompts you to include longer keyword phrases on your content?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I'm not so sure it's people using more keywords as it is people using more natural language search. Me thinks, anyways :)

Could very be. I do suspect that this is just the beginning of Google launching a newer more intelligent search engine to reflect both natural language and semantic. What do you think?

Hi,

I think this is just user interface update. There is nothing directly related to SEO.

You'd be surprised how every little thing (as minor as it may seem) has a rippling effect.

I think Google want to make the search term more effective and relevant thatswhy increases the size of search box.

So is it going to give a new start to keyword research?

I have noticed that and just talked that with my friend!

And I think Google want to improve the user experiences!

I'm not so sure it's people using more keywords as it is people using more natural language search. Me thinks, anyways :)

What u have said make some sense, but u know, when we want to search things--I will type as long as I want, I don't think the size has any effect on me!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.