I had this question put to me by a friend who is building a website and he does not know a lot about SEO. As I do most of my SEO tasks tool-free (I find it is the best way to learn), I am not certain so I am coming to the seo forum. what are the best, all-around, multi-function seo tools (both free and not)?

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

I don't have first hand experience, but I hear that Aaron Wall's SeoBook tools are pretty good. Same with Rand Fishkin's SEOmoz.

There's two: Spellcheck and Code Validator

Seoquake would be a nice choice. It is a nice add-on for Firefox and bring back all seo information you need. :)

To take AirForceOne's reply to a different level, are there any other SEO tools that are specific to certain browsers that are good to have on hand?

MktgRob, Seoquake is available for FF and for IE.
As for multi-function seo solution I would recommend Web CEO.

I heard bruteforce SEO is a good tool. It has a $1 trial..but i do not know if any places are still available as it opens some places and then again closed after it reaches 1000 members..

I can nearly bet that the most answer will be that seo-guru uses no software and do everything by hands ))
Absolute best 2 tools out there are:
1) The Human Brain
2) Experience

I can nearly bet that the most answer will be that seo-guru uses no software and do everything by hands ))
Absolute best 2 tools out there are:
1) The Human Brain
2) Experience

Ha - nice! ;)

Actually you can search some seo tools in the internet.

Yeah, free tools (your brain and experience) and paid tools (seo elite).

There are no free tool for better SEO process. so you have to buy the software or you can take the SEO services from company that provide it..

I love SEO for Firefox plugin. I have trouble working on a computer that doesn't have the plugin loaded.

I don't know. You can go pretty far with a good Thesaurus, a little linguistics knowledge and those new fandangled built-in spell checkers everywhere you go.

Mybe you can learn and do seo by you're self ..
You can learn with read more about seo ...

Thanks

to save time, one could take advantage of this neat tool i've found: ministatus.com, ... not to mention that the entire amount of data related to one query can be download (the big red pdf link)

I think for me it's SEO elite by Brad Callen. It costs some money but that little piece of software is pretty powerful
It does backlink analysis and tells you whether they are do follow or no follow, competition analysis, link exchange requests, keyword analysis...need I go on

I honestly do not know where i would be without it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.