We're a tiny firm working on a niche software product for databases. I am looking at ways to increase visibility, I have covers the SEO basics like titles, metatags, long URLs a few inbound links. I also work the online discussions on a couple of forums. My question is what tactics would help me get 'Quality' traffic to our website. I'm not interested int getting thousands of hits which result in zero sales, any help and advice is appreciated. Thx..

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

link exchange with related content

article submission to top 25 article directories!!

We're a tiny firm working on a niche software product for databases. I am looking at ways to increase visibility, I have covers the SEO basics like titles, metatags, long URLs a few inbound links. I also work the online discussions on a couple of forums. My question is what tactics would help me get 'Quality' traffic to our website. I'm not interested int getting thousands of hits which result in zero sales, any help and advice is appreciated. Thx..

In SEO terms what you are looking for is considered "qualified traffic". Those are web surfers using the search engines to pick out the best webpages for them to visit.

In order to be highly visible to qualified visitors you need three things to happen and I've listed them in order of importance:
1. High ranking web page for the keyphrase search
2. A Captivating Title
3. A half-ass description (in Google, the assigned description can be your meta offering, it could be a seemingly haphazard selection of tid bits of your web page's content or it could even be, on the extremely rare ocassion, your, often bizarre and always outdate: the dreaded DMOZ description).

The question now is how do you achieve those three objectives. The answer is that you will when you have successfully convinced the search engine that your web pages are important, credible, unique, intelligently crafted, and have established authoritativeness.

You'll do this over time. There will be on-site work that will involve internally empowering your important keyphrases. You'll be the one to know you're working the SEO magic when you look back at how you emphasized a two worder while simulaneously introducing a new acronym to the world. You'll be practicing the art of SEO when you struggle to fill in the alt attribute with a great description of the image and then later finding yourself throwing in an <h3> caption to see if that boots up the page to number 4-5. Oh yes you'll pay attention to the minutest of details in a sentence's structure; but none of that shit will make you an effective search engine optimiser until you have ...

The Comma/Semi-Colon Debate

... rages in your head for days; ... and even your lightning speed dreams are paragraphs of well-crafted content. Then! Then you're a search engine optimizer in my books. And you'll happily go about cleaning up those nested font tags you left behind in the old days because now you want your web page to validate cleanly and load swiftly ...

And it'll always be a time to create something, you too will be a visionary of top rankings glories.

Build a web site filled with well-optimized, evolving, uniquely important content. Consider your webpages to be blank canvasses, emulating your talents as a search engine optimisation artist to envision; you'll be painting the way to first page of results using a little expert SEO you pick up along the way ...

SEO to me is more than attaining traffic for the sake of turning it into click-through search engine ad revenue. No. That's like reverse marketing. No. It's get the traffic and turn it into a sale. SEO is about acquiring a share of the volume of targeted traffic that's available from the SERPs and converting it to telephone cals (or shopping carts or forms or videos whatever. SEO is a form of Interent marketing (note the word marketing). No no. The object of the SEO game is to impress the search engine with your content and impress the qualified visitor with your content; both before and after the visit (if you didn't understand that, it'll be another story down the road).

And there'll be some off-site influences too (link popularity). You can either let those determine themselves based on the linkability of your content or you can manipulate incoming links using a combination of the countless, trendy link building schemes, I mean linking strategies.

Thanx Fred for a nice summary, I guess theres still a lot for me to head for before I start complaining that SEO is not working. But my big issue is to find the right phrases to be emphasizing on, like said software, database ... are too generic saturated words, any clues. Hey can I PM you for a quick word?

Thanx Fred for a nice summary, I guess theres still a lot for me to head for before I start complaining that SEO is not working. But my big issue is to find the right phrases to be emphasizing on, like said software, database ... are too generic saturated words, any clues. Hey can I PM you for a quick word?

No need to PM. Keep it on site it could make for some good discussions on the basics of SEO that we all can learn from.

This is my opinion about which keyphrases to target.

Naturally, do some constructive keyphrase tests both for keyphrase search frequency and to examine the keyphrase's competitiveness. Have a look at the potential traffic sources.

Then you have to weigh things over. You could go for this and go for that and be way over your league in no time or, you can play smart. Go for a little bit of everything. Some big prizes, some smaller ones, some not so popular but extremely convertable...

Go for a handful of the big ticket babies, scoop a bucket of secondary keyphrases and ultimately net in the auxiliary keyphrases (those are ones you wouldn't have thought of).

article writing - one of the best..

You must try seo method
on page optimization : improve and modification a keyword in URL, title, content, and keyword tags...
off page optimization : social bookmarking, forum to promote your'e site, and article submission to submit article with backlink...

Thanks, hope it can help

Lead capturing software would be beneficial along with maybe creating a blog/latest new page on your website, by regularly updating the blog with new content, containing your keywords, you will force Google to index your site more regularly as well as rank your website more highly. You can find out more top tips to improve your on-line visibility here: http://bit.ly/57ElMi

Hello,

you have to build on going manual link building to your sites then only the traffic increases

thanks

we can increase your traffic

thanks

SEO is a continuous process don't think that you did this and now your SEO process is finished. you want to sell a product so do permanently link building , article submission rapidly change your meta tags . If you follow these tips you will get success.

You should join forums related your service. Give your opinion and consult to those forums and then you will get traffic from your prospect.

Put an ad in your local yellow pages to get some local customers! Or write a quality 101 article about a steamy topic that people want to know more about in your niche!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.