Are web properties 2.0 sites ignored by Google?
Sometimes, back creating accounts on web properties 2.0 sites and posting unique articles on those sites and get backlinks - Works well and this approach helps to get quicker SERP in google. But nowadays, It does not.

One of my SEO friend told me that, nowadays Google ignores the blogs or Web properties 2.0 sites links due to many guys are doing this approach to get increased their SERP on Google.

What do you guys say?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I have also heard about such things like Google would ignore links from comment areas of blogs. Might be happen in the future but now it still works, IMO. :)

Ask all my blogs on page one

I have also heard about such things like Google would ignore links from comment areas of blogs. Might be happen in the future but now it still works, IMO. :)

Not true in some cases. Nofollow links wont be taken.

Because of comment and sig spam, most reputable community and social media sites employ 'nofollow' attributes. Search engines too view these links with less weight than a typical citation. Don't waste time commenting on blogs or sig spamming forums. By doing so you are classifying your site in the dumpster of the internet. Try focusing on creating a valuable resource. EARN the citations by promoting your valuable resource within your niche industry. Listen to your users/customers and provide a better experience. Optimize sites naturally.

Google does pay attention to them except that these Web 2.0 sites are largely dofollow externally.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.