Hi,

I optimized my wordpress with All-in-one-SEO and on general settings - but my description on google still stands as I wouldn't like.

Now, I found out that DMOZ put this description, but I didn't put that kind of description, how can I change it?

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi...
Sometime Google take first paragraph in your body text.
Some times take meta tag description.
So you can use h1 tag first paragraph
ok

Hi,

I optimized my wordpress with All-in-one-SEO and on general settings - but my description on google still stands as I wouldn't like.

Now, I found out that DMOZ put this description, but I didn't put that kind of description, how can I change it?

Thanks.

So you're stuck with your DMOZ listing. You'll have to remove your site's listing (rather than attempt to replace it which could be even worse) and rewrite your Meta Description to the way you want it to appear in the search engine results pages (I recommend two short but complete keyphrase rich sentences). Make sure much of your content on your landing page is relevant to your Meta Description (have keyphrases and keyphrase variables in paragraghs, headings, Title etc.).

This could take a while, I've seen up to six months. You may have to try removing your DMOZ listing several times depending on the expediency of the moderator.

There's no way you can change your DMOZ description unless you are the editor that approves that particular category.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.