OK I have a question regarding back links on your own site. I have a free business advertising forum which I have recently launched, and I am trying to get my PR up. However my signature on this forum has a link pointing back to this same forum. Obviously as the owner you post a lot of messages on your own forum.

Will Google penalize me for having so many back links to my site on the same site?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

No google gives very little weight (if any) to signature links. Furthermore, I don't think they will penalize your site if you are self-promoting from within your forum signature.

Isn't promoting your own site within your own site considered an inbound link?

no way man...google understand these situation.

OK I have a question regarding back links on your own site. I have a free business advertising forum which I have recently launched, and I am trying to get my PR up. However my signature on this forum has a link pointing back to this same forum. Obviously as the owner you post a lot of messages on your own forum.

Will Google penalize me for having so many back links to my site on the same site?

Heclava we always need highly ranked pages backlinks.
you need to post on highly ranked forums with your backlinks. and does not matter if you are posting on same forum but it is not valued if page you are posting is not highly ranked in search engines.

definitely not, if that's the case maybe many forum signature are ban now.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.