Hi all......

It's been more than 8 weeks that I have submitted my site to DMOZ but still can't find listing of my site. It is written in their rules that depending on the activity level of the editors in respective category area, it may take up to 2 weeks or more for your site to be reviewed. When can we expect the listing to be confirmed?

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

not sure, I have also face the same problem. If your posting is related to other which are already posted by some one in dmoz then it may Dmoz will not list your site...

A number of years ago, I tried to get into DMOZ and I remember it took upwards of eight months. Ultimately I posted in resource-zone.com, a forum run by DMOZ moderators all about DMOZ. That got me approved within the day!!

Thanks for the great tip

I submitted my site almost 2 years ago without any news

I will definitely try this forum

A number of years ago, I tried to get into DMOZ and I remember it took upwards of eight months. Ultimately I posted in resource-zone.com, a forum run by DMOZ moderators all about DMOZ. That got me approved within the day!!

hi
i have the same problem not only with DMOZ but also with around 150 directories.
what's my reason ? any guess? i don't think i violate from any rule.

Till am also looking for how and when dmoz takes time to listing directory on his database. I submitted more then 15 websites on dmoz but still not listed.

Till am also looking for how and when dmoz takes time to listing directory on his database. I submitted more then 15 websites on dmoz but still not listed.

hi,probably it may help you.
reading one of new post on this forum mat be get you ans.
suggest me one plz.
i submitted on 150 directories,but in link chk i get only 2-3 link(on google and yahoo shows a bit more) while when i try to resubmit it shows "url in not unique"

The time for inclusion really depends on the editor of the category you submitted to. It could be days, weeks,months and some have said to wait years :-(

I m still waiting for dmoz

i submit two website in dmoz
instalarewindows.eu/curatat-calculator/
jdhuntr.com
but not listed till now ...what i do....please sugges

Actually you will have to wait long. I've added my website to DMOZ via service on greatdirectories.org and only after one year my website was added. I've heard that some wait for a few years and nothing is happened.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.