Many search engines are available in on the web but most of the webmasters are using Google. I want to know that why webmasters are emphasizing on Google for doing SEO and why not other search engines? And, how they do SEO effectively only in Google and get the result?

Ezzaral commented: What answers did you get on the other 400+ sites you spammed this to? -3

Recommended Answers

All 78 Replies

It is best search engine so Google is best for SEO

Google is the best search engine who gives relevant result for search. Google has its own created algorithm for relevant result and google removes the useless information and provide best to its users.

If you optimize for Google, the others will come

Google is the best and most active search engine...it is also widely popular amonst web surfers, so getting success on google, you can as well rank on other search engines

Google is the best and most active search engine...it is also widely popular amonst web surfers, so getting success on google, you can as well rank on other search engines

Thanks for elaborating! :D

Jessica,

Because it is the ultimate! Every business which want to explore, make sales and customers will obviously want to place it where most people gather and similar is the thing with Google. Being used by the most around the world each and every firm on web wants to rank top in its SERPs.

Becuase of most of serach goes to Google.

Google is most popular search engine.

Google is best search engine and it is fast and give relevant result. More traffic comes from Google search engine and many webmaster prefer it.

Many search engines are available in on the web but most of the webmasters are using Google. I want to know that why webmasters are emphasizing on Google for doing SEO and why not other search engines? And, how they do SEO effectively only in Google and get the result?

my only reason for google using SEO because they seemed to be the largest web search browser which seems to be used more frequently, but i have been using entireweb which you can add your own wwebsite URL i am sure there are other web search browsers which use professional SEO.

Google is far and away the most powerful search engines. It gets the most traffic. People want traffic so you optomize for Google.

Google is very famous search engine. Every person is using google, this is the main reason webmasters target google.

Google have a large datacenter.crawling way of the Google fabulous for any other. Right for the SEO.

google is the largest search engines of the world it is used more than 67% all around the world while yahoo 17% ask 13 %

google has 70% market share
the others add up to less than 30%
google can confidently make the rules, do make the rules
intelligent webmasters follow the google101 at google webmaster tools

Because Google is world no 1 website in alexa.every one person know about Google .and more thing Google is a master mind peace.that's are reason to every one person for suggest to Google......

you have a very good point. look there are so many search engines in market. but google is having almost more than 80% market. so everyone use to search by google.so in seo google plays more important role than other search engines.

This is very true that all webmasters are emphasizing more on Google for doing SEO and not any other search result cause its gives out an exact result which other search result cannot offer. Its a best result among all in all aspects.....

Well, that is a good question because although there are several big search engines, even accessed by hundreds of thousands of people on a monthly basis, but today most global sites managers and SEO experts concentrate on their Google optimization tasks simply because of potentially strong traffic gains to be made then.

As soon as websites reach the top spots on Google for competitive commercial keyterms, their traffic stats would get improved considerably. Apparently, other search engines like Yahoo or Bing are not as strong as Google in terms of guiding people, potential customers and visitors to pages of the websites.

Because Google is best,as well as famous search engine,these days if any newbie wants any sort of information then the only possible way is Google.That's why Google for seo.

There are many people and country who prefer other search engine rather than Google.So they do SEO according to those search engine.So there is no benchmark on Google.

Jessica, Google is the 800 pound gorilla of search.

There are other search engines, such as Bing and Yahoo. There are metasearch engines, too, such as Dogpile (runs you search on 20 engines at once!)

But still, Google has over 60% of the search market.

If you optimize for Google, you will also rank well on Bing and Yahoo, too. I just checked my rankings for my site on all 3 this morning (I do it every morning), and I am on page 1 of Google, Bing, and Yahoo for one of my keywords, and for the other Page 1 of Google and Bing, and page 2 of Yahoo.

This took me several months to achieve, and I maintain it by keeping up with my SEO.

John

Google is the best search engine who gives unique and relevant result for search.It is good for SEO work,because Google created own algorithm which removes the duplicate and useless information,many webmasters are prefer Google for seo work.

maybe because Google is the only best search engine that can give good and exact result and almost user are using Google.

because almost more than 70% people of the world use google :)

If your content is good and unique and is authority in its neche; if your site is built well and navigation is intuitive for Search Engines as well as humans, than you don't really have to do much to be equaly compatitive on Y & B if you're ranked high on G.
Before the merger of Bing and Yahoo, for many it was not worthwhile spending extra time and effort to optimize for all three leading Search Engines - some still did, but not all.
Today, after the merger, Bing/Yahoo take almost 30% of all search volumes, and the trand is increasing (~25% at the time of merge in mid 2010, and ~30% now - year later). Again, if you're site is well structured - no additional optimizational effort is needed to rate on Bing.
Pretty recently I started paying attention to Bing latest announcements, adding tracking codes from bing, monitoring traffic from bing webmaster, etc. But internet marketing is my field, so I have to do the best for my clients. Whether those little tracking/monitoring additions make sense for you, you decide.

That is the best and very user friendly :)

Answer is really simple.
Most of the webmasters focus on google because google is the biggest search engine on planet and it has more than 75% search engine market share

Google is one of the widely & most preferred search engine .It really matters, it got more present value for its name.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.