What is mean by user friendly URL?How to change the normal URL to user friendly URL?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

A non-user friendly URL might be something like this:

www.daniweb.com/topic.php?t=12345

It gives no insight into what the page is about, and is just a query string of random numbers.

A user-friendly URL might be something like this:

www.daniweb.com/internet-marketing/seo/user-friendly-url

Here, the URL gives insight into what the specific page is about as well as the directory structure (navigation hierarchy) of where it is in relation to the site as a whole.

WWell, this question sound a bit odd to me because just by googling " What is mean by user friendly URL? " I am sure you can get the result of Wikipedia i.e

"Clean URLs, RESTful URLs, user-friendly URLs or SEO-friendly URLs are purely structural URLs that do not contain a query string [e.g., action=delete&id=91] and instead contain only the path of the resource......" I wonder what makes you creating this thread over the forum !! :O

commented: such a delightful and informative way, to write "why not google it" +13

I always enjoy your article, Kelly Burby. You have a gift for discussing such inspirational topics in truthful yet amusing ways. Your articles help us realize that our problems are typical, and we can solve them in constructive ways. Thank you and keep these good articles coming.

Sorry I have to add to the forum of bad press for googling. I have used googling support previously and been extremely pleased with the support and professionalism - but it has completely gone away.

Making the site links as search engine friendly.

User friendly URL is a Web address that is easy to read and includes keywords which describe the content of the webpage. This URL can be "friendly" in two ways. 1) It can help visitors remember the Web address, and 2) it can help describe the page to search engines.

A user friendly url is the url which is easy to remmeber, ofcourse the short url is considered user friendly

hmm user friendly url is measn which is support mobile and window both, and userr can understand it

User frindly url means , your url must be short and near by your keyword or business . some time `develper create typical url or long url using specal character .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.