Hello all.

I am new here so I am not sure if I am posting in the right board but here I go anyways.

I have a site, lets call it www.xyz.com. Now I would like to add a blog to the site but want to put this blog on a separate server. However, the problem here is SEO. I want this blog to be indexed by search engines as part of www.xyz.com. Is there any way I can do this if it is on another server?

Thanks for your help,
Jordan

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Nope. Any reason you can't host the blog on your own site?

Hi,

Yes, you can surely do this, please host the blog on another server and point your sub-directory to that blog. For example www.xyz.com/blog/ - this should point to that new server where you hvae the blog :)

Quick tip: Add one-way links to get your blog indexed by the search engines quickly :)

Hi,

Yes, you can surely do this, please host the blog on another server and point your sub-directory to that blog. For example www.xyz.com/blog/ - this should point to that new server where you hvae the blog :)

That won't work. The site is still on another server and the URL will change when the user/bot goes there.

Hi,

Is that not possible to point the sub-directory to another server, but with the same URL!? :!:

I dont think you can have 2 servers with the same URL to begin with.

I dont think you can have 2 servers with the same URL to begin with.

Hi,

You can use sub-domain and host the blog :)
This is a good idea.

:cool:

http://blog.xyz.com/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.