Hi all

Please clarify my doubt

My website is going to redesign completely, will it effect SEO which I almost completed my work?

Now my keywords are in second page..Will it going to decrease again if it made redesign?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Redesigning a website always means there is a chance that it will affect your rankings. It sounds like you're changing your home page to just have something to impress users and lead them to a second page where your real content begins. That would certainly affect your rankings since your home page is probably the strongest page on your site. So if it doesn't have any real content, you will probably see your rankings fall. You would probably be better off combining the new main page with this "second page" where the content is to make a new home page and use JavaScript or some other mechanism to have the special effects disappear automatically or when a user clicks on it.

No content all will be same like before only. Just design structure will change.we add some more design techniques to website. Will that going to effect ranking?

There is always a chance that a redesign will affect your rankings. But if the content and semantic mark-up of your pages is the same and only the page layout or appearance is changing, then it's probably not going to change your rankings very much.

Just make sure that the first screenful that the user sees has useful content. That is, the user doesn't have to scroll down to tell if they will find the information they were searching for on your site.

There is always a chance that a redesign will affect your rankings. But if the content and semantic mark-up of your pages is the same and only the page layout or appearance is changing, then it's probably not going to change your rankings very much.

Just make sure that the first screenful that the user sees has useful content. That is, the user doesn't have to scroll down to tell if they will find the information they were searching for on your site.

Nope redesign won't make change in SERP. if you try to change URl for the inner pages and Posts then try to redirect that into new one by 301 redirect. if you changed the content with new one better check that uniqueness.

Kind Regards

If the design of a website is changed, but the URL structure is same, it will not affect your SEO. A website redesign in itself, is not really going to have a huge impact on your SEO.

I suggest you to make you web design with content based design. Always use content in your pages. If you did it. Redesing of website never effects on your ranking.

I have recently redesigned my website and noticed a considerable decrease in my rankings. but I think it's fluctuating and will increase soon.

As far as i analysed, there will be no change in the search engine rankings until there is any change in the contents present in the website. And at any cost, there will be no change in the search engine rankings because of the website redesigning.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.