Member Avatar for gcs584

Hi All,

Well, the company's site I develop for relies heavily on business through the internet.

As of yesterday, it appears that the main (index) page has just disappeared. Anybody else having these weird sorts of results? Is google updating? The site is a relatively new site; nonetheless, ithe site DID manage to generate business on non-competitive keywords.

I'm just curious due to the fact that the company is losing business. It does point out the fact that the company should diversify its advertising :lol:.

Regards,

GCS584

[EDIT:] I've actually just come across this post: http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread66887.html. Something must be happening then.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Google is currently updating its public PR report. But that doesn't have anything to with rankings as this PR has already been factored into everyone's rankings. It is just them letting us a more current, yet, still old, PR report for our pages.

Google's search results update every day.

Member Avatar for gcs584

Thanks for your prompt response.

As per your remarks, should I then be concerned as to why my main page no longer appears in the index?

Kind Regards,

GCS584

Thanks for your prompt response.

As per your remarks, should I then be concerned as to why my main page no longer appears in the index?

Kind Regards,

GCS584

Google shuffles around frequently. If you look around this forum you'll see the same thing has happened to many people. Things should return to normal soon. You should join Google Webmaster Tools to keep track of these things. If you're banned or excluded it will tell you.

Member Avatar for gcs584

You should join Google Webmaster Tools to keep track of these things. If you're banned or excluded it will tell you.

Actually, I am signed up with Google Webmaster and have just checked it. Something strange is going on - it has asked me to verify my site regardless of the fact that I have been registered with the service for this site for about four (4) months. I took a screenshot.

Nevertheless, thanks for your help and advice. Only time will tell....

Kind Regards,

Gavin Smith

That's usually a sign they something is up with your site. Happened to me once but was back again in a few days.

I agree with Stymiee. This sort of thing happens occasionally. One of my client's sites has done this twice in the last few months. The listings were all back again in a few days. If it lasts longer than a week you might have reason for concern.

Member Avatar for gcs584

Once again, thanks for all your advice.

Just an update - my site appeared again in the index after about four (4) days. Additionally, my PR was updated from a value of zero (0) to two (2) out of 10. The domain is really knew, and I have been performing some extensive work on it. The site is still "sandboxed" (if you believe in the theory). Whatever was happening, I suppose it was a good sign.

Regards,

GCS584

Google update happened sometime back, but yes the G Dance is still going on..... you can see some major shuffling on some key terms.

There is no such thing as a Google dance anymore. Google updates every day now. Their SERPs are constantly in flux.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.