Google search indexing flash pages and displaying the text inside.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Some say yes, most say no (I'm one of them).

Flash is SEO suicide. If you want to rank well in Google, or any search engine, don't use Flash.

Some say yes, most say no (I'm one of them).

I always say Yes, Becuase my flash pages are crawlled by Google and listing the pages for my Keywords. Me also prefer HTML pages than Flash.. but Google SERPs Crawl flash and finding the text & links.

They can find the pages because there is HTML on the pages but you're not getting full value for your content because the Flash is hurting you. Your also missing out on lots of goodies that HTML and multiple pages have to offer. Using Flash is never good for SEO.

stymiee.. I never prefer flash websites, what i mentioned is google SERPs are listing flash sites.... I know the advantages of HTML pages in SEO and i always like to do webpages with HTML.

I never tell Flash is SEO suicide. those who using flash sites can also get listed.

I do agree with stymiee; flash contents are not SE friendly till now;
but now SE's algorithm is upgrading and have started indexing such pages.

stymiee.. I never prefer flash websites, what i mentioned is google SERPs are listing flash sites.... I know the advantages of HTML pages in SEO and i always like to do webpages with HTML.

I never tell Flash is SEO suicide. those who using flash sites can also get listed.

Who cares about getting listed if you can't get ranked well? Ranking poorly is the same as not being listed. Using flash prevents you from being ranked well. The only way you can hope to rank well is to get a lot of high quality one way links. And I mean a lot. Otherwise you'll never rank well. The bottom line is Flash is SEO suicide because you can't rank well with it. Flash has many good uses but using it for website design is not one of them.

agree that Flash poses challenges, but if you want any motion beyond the insanely primitive, Flash is the only option. I think using a Flash alternative when Flash is the best option can be limiting to the design of a site. is it too far-fetched to consider Flash in the same relm as an image (sprinkled with some interactivity)? If used wisely and with a well thought-out plan for degradation, Flash is a great option.
That being said, if you can easily do the same thing in AJAX without 70Kb of Javascript, then perhaps you need to rethink your decision to use Flash in the first place.

the usage and flexibility of flash is great ! but what we talking is about the role of flash pages in SEO.

the usage and flexibility of flash is great ! but what we talking is about the role of flash pages in SEO.

Correct.

And if we weren't we could easily debate how flash is overused and improperly used by countless webmasters and websites. ;)

Yeah.... agree

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.