Hey guys, I am sorry I would like to warn I am nowise in web hosting services. I am planning to have an internet shopping web site developed for selling sewing machins and I need to choose affordable web hosting provider at the moment. I have found the list of popular hosting companies and various discount coupons at www.hostingcoupons.com Which of these hosting companies would you recommend me to choose for successful development of my web site. Could you share your experience of dealing with these companies? What factors do I have to take into consideration when choosing hosting provider for online shopping web site? Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hey guys, I am sorry I would like to warn I am nowise in web hosting services. I am planning to have an internet shopping web site developed for selling sewing machins and I need to choose affordable web hosting provider at the moment. I have found the list of popular hosting companies and various discount coupons at www.hostingcoupons.com Which of these hosting companies would you recommend me to choose for successful development of my web site. Could you share your experience of dealing with these companies? What factors do I have to take into consideration when choosing hosting provider for online shopping web site? Thanks in advance.

From my experience the choice may really depend on the site software you are going to use. Every software has some requirements the server must meet, some software companies recommend hosting companies for their scripts and i know a few compabies even suggest their own hosting services together with the software (in such cases you can be sure that the server fully meets software requirements).

I hope that helps.

As far as I was advised the special attention should be also paid to the shopping carts.

try hostgator , its great for oscomenrce or zen cards scripts

Make sure the hosting company has a proper control panel (cpanel). I'm with DreamHost and it's user control panel is ugly, slow and unnecessarily confusing. I would say the same with Godaddy. I have my domain names hosted with 1and1 and I don’t have much love for them either. Their control panel lets you do a very limited number of things. In most cases you'll have to call up their call centre or email them. The strange thing is they ask for your password for verification. I kid you not. Genuinely they ask for your password.

Have you heard of Server Intellect? We've been very happy with their services --- and they are one of the first Windows Web Hosts that is Microsoft Gold Certified -- offering Windows Server 2008 'Longhorn' on all of its Dedicated Servers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.