Me and my husband own a landscape business and we only use free marketing. Would you like to exchange ideas?
Leannmax

Recommended Answers

All 66 Replies

Can you advise me on how to generate free traffic to my website?

You can get many threads here which talks about how to generate traffic -
SEO of your web pages so that if you can get a decent ranking by the search engines, and thus, to pull people to your website by it relevance. Or can try word of mouth tools like tell a friend widgets to drive traffic from your existing traffic.

Mackone is right as far as getting search engine optimization to work for you. Word of mouth is the best form of marketing that exists on the web ... It gets buzz going about your business while building backlinks (links to your website from other sites on the 'net) all at one time. (And backlinks are a critical component of how your site ranks in the search engines.)

How do you do this? Post on forums in your niche. Comment on blogs in your niche. Post good, valuable content that makes you sound like a leader in your industry and earns you a reputation among your peers and the type of people who would be your future/prospective clients. Don't shamelessly plug your site, but use forum signatures where they're available, and let others know that you have this site.

Do this a little every day. Be consistent. After a couple of months, you'll have a positive reputation (and so will your company) for knowing your stuff and being friendly and helpful, you'll have links from other sites in the industry pointing to your website (which helps your search engine ranking), and you might even end up with a few clients outta it.

there are a lot of ways to promote your website for free (like link exchange or word of mouth etc) or very cheap ways (like paid to read or paid to click ...) to get search engine rank it is so good to start promoting your website for free for the first few months because you fix your weakness and problems without losing money .
but as long as you get rank in first page of a search keyword you cant hold on to it anymore and you have to start paying because when you get on the first page of a keyword you are a competitor for the others and if you dont advertise they will advertise to get you out of competition i think taking a part in sem( search engine marketing ) is absolutely necessary for your websites success .
and the other thing is choosing your keywords to optimize your websites on it you can find out more about keywords on http://adword.google.com choose keywords that has less competitors and more demands if you have less competitors you have more chance to get your website to first page but for the first 3 you definitely have to advertise
I've optimized this post for the word "you"

I would also suggest offline advertising.

I know that this is not free. However, it can be very cheap. And it would work well for something like landscaping, since you could target certain geographical areas.

Now that you've got a website to explain what the business is about, you don't need to put all that information on the flyer. A 4 line ad with a clear description of the service, a phone number and the URL in bold would be enough to get some interest. All you need is to get some people to type that URL into the browser, after all. These could be produced at a fraction of the cost of more traditional promotional material, where all the material is on the flyer itself.

Traffic from SE is very important and it converted, that's why, focus on your targeted keyword, promote it and build more quality backlinks. For advertising, you can use free ads sites like Craigslist.

Do the basics in SEO:

Directory submissions
Submit to social bookmarking sites
Exchange Links
Forum postings (use sig links)
comment posting/article submissions (blogs)
Post on Craigslist

Link to relevant sites / categories.
Link to sites with good PR value.
Link to sites with good (not Alexa based) traffic.

These are just few of the many ways you can generate traffic. Hope it helps.

This has got to be the hardest part of internet "development" for me. I'm pretty good at making a site work... lousy at marketing.

Dani, you're obviously pro at this. Thank you for your input.

Me and my husband own a landscape business and we only use free marketing. Would you like to exchange ideas?
Leannmax

Along with the above mentioned strategies suggested by others, I would like to suggest you to make a Press release on the Internet. I am sure this be prove to be really helpful.

Regards,
Matt

high value of your web content

You can get many threads here which talks about how to generate traffic -
SEO of your web pages so that if you can get a decent ranking by the search engines, and thus, to pull people to your website by it relevance. Or can try word of mouth tools like tell a friend widgets to drive traffic from your existing traffic.

True... I think that's the best strategy for marketing. The people that comes through recommendation are much happier and go happily and bring in repeat of business as well.

Do the basics in SEO:

Directory submissions
Submit to social bookmarking sites
Exchange Links
Forum postings (use sig links)
comment posting/article submissions (blogs)
Post on Craigslist

Link to relevant sites / categories.
Link to sites with good PR value.
Link to sites with good (not Alexa based) traffic.

These are just few of the many ways you can generate traffic. Hope it helps.

Great stuff, with these you can also use,
press Release ( to release news of your site)
Article submission in article directories about your service
Develop 1-2 video and submit in video sharing sites like you tube, metacafe etc

These are the basic marketing ways and they are sufficient i think, If done in proper way.
Hope this help.

Participate actively in different dofollow forums related to your site, and have an updated quality content, just be patient and try to build a good reputation and camaraderie in each community..through these you could notice and yield a positive result the soonest period of time.

google adwords!!!

By posting q&a in yahoo i can help you on that

I think just being consisted on the SEO tips everyone is giving will you with the traffic much better than you expected.

But of course don't expect for your traffic to rise in an instant, SEO is something what we call Patience sometimes. Be patience on seeing the output you crave on having but be consistent on what you're doing.

Good luck on targeting your traffic ;)

hi

there are lots of ways to increase your site traffic.
1. On- page Optimization
2. off-page Optimization

in off-page optimization, you can do lots of things
A) Diretcory Submission
B) Link Exchange
C) Article Submision( write only unique, informative and good )
D) Forum Posting
E) blog Posting
F) Press release

Do all these thingd but remember one thing your on-page optimization should be good and write

if you have any problem regarding these methods then you can contact me any time

i will increase your site traffic with in one month

thanks

SEO is what you are looking for. Just make inpage and outpage seo of your website and let google marketing your website ;)

If you have enough money then you can buy high PR links, it is the quickest way to get extreme traffic and top the search engine rankings. Also, you can work on the suggestions given by others.

Social bookmarking is the fastest and easiest way to drive traffic to your site. :)

You can try Social Bookmarking and Social Networking, it can help you generate traffic and make your site popular as well, But if you want to rank on SERP SEO is the answer..

Can you advise me on how to generate free traffic to my website?

The most important factor is that you hold a place in the SERP's and for that you need to get backlinks as many as you can.This will surely help you in generating traffic for your website. Also you can get more information on the same at marketingimpactzone.com

What is your website subject?
What kind of visitors you wish to receive?

You should start a website to promote your business

Hire a professional if SEO related tips and tricks are getting bounced. Initially that's the best way to go.

You can take a look at my site, it will put you full force into web marketing. :)

Just getting the traffic is not going to solve your problem of low customer response. Instead you need only the relevant traffic. Try to get listed over the forums related to gardening, cultivation, building, renovation and real estate horticulture etc. You may also try dofollow blogs for getting interested visitors but select the blogs with care.

I think this free Traffic report will help a great deal. below

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.