Hi,

We have released a New control panel on Linux, I would like to know what are the marketing channels ..

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I'm confused what you mean by marketing channels. Do you mean places to get the word out there? This is very tough - especially for search engine optimization - because you will be in competition with all of the many, many, many webhosts out there for the highly competitive "web host" and "web hosting" keywords. For that reason, it might be more beneficial to form alliances with various web hosting communities as a start. Post on various forums using links to your product webpage as your forum signature - it's a good way to show your expertise in the area at the same time as promoting your product.

Once you get buzz about your product and get word of mouth spreading, then you should start investing in pay-per-click advertising such as Google AdWords. I would normally suggest to start with AdWords, but the web hosting keywords are just so ultra competitive your best bet is to get some word of mouth marketing done first.

I'm confused what you mean by marketing channels. Do you mean places to get the word out there? This is very tough - especially for search engine optimization - because you will be in competition with all of the many, many, many webhosts out there for the highly competitive "web host" and "web hosting" keywords. For that reason, it might be more beneficial to form alliances with various web hosting communities as a start. Post on various forums using links to your product webpage as your forum signature - it's a good way to show your expertise in the area at the same time as promoting your product.

Once you get buzz about your product and get word of mouth spreading, then you should start investing in pay-per-click advertising such as Google AdWords. I would normally suggest to start with AdWords, but the web hosting keywords are just so ultra competitive your best bet is to get some word of mouth marketing done first.

Thanks for the information,, WHAT do u mean exactly by this
"it might be more beneficial to form alliances with various web hosting communities as a start" What sort of alliances.... bartering our services?

Thanks for the information,, WHAT do u mean exactly by this
"it might be more beneficial to form alliances with various web hosting communities as a start" What sort of alliances.... bartering our services?

Well, you can't kinda barter a Control Panel with them :P but talk to them if they will feature your articles and info as sticky threads!!!

It is always a good idea to make yourself known to various web hosting forums and communities. It is the absolute best way to get word-of-mouth spreading about your product. Post on various web hosting forums with your product as your signature. If the forums offer link swaps, you may want to consider doing that. Talk to the forum administrator and ask about anything that may benefit you both. It's the best way for viral marketing ... getting people targeted to your niche to talk about your product is the best way to get started ... it's free marketing :)

Yes, type web hosting talk into google. There are hundreds of thousands of people waiting to publicly critique your control panel.

We are getting some good reviews, Its upgraded with more features with Nine logins

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.