I have a new site. Google started crawling my pages in September. But in the Webmaster Tools under Crawl stats it says for Pagerank: We do not have data for this site.
Is this normal for a site of two months? My site is verified and I have optimised it and tried to get back links but only got 1 so far.

Recommended Answers

All 24 Replies

Yes that would be normal..... because it depends on what you have put in the keywords... you have put for your website.

Also, the more people that click on your website via google, the higher it will become.

I hope this helps.

Cohen

I have a new site. Google started crawling my pages in September. But in the Webmaster Tools under Crawl stats it says for Pagerank: We do not have data for this site.
Is this normal for a site of two months? My site is verified and I have optimised it and tried to get back links but only got 1 so far.

no worries :) as your site is just 2-3 months old you may not see good results for your site.
You will have to continue with link building.. adding content for your site. Keep patience and work hard, you will get better results next time you check webmaster tool.
IMO Page rank is not that important as it use to be.
All the best :)

Thanks for those messages

Hi,
You will have to continue with shocial bookmarking just few days show the result

I think it is normal, Google just shows quality backlinks. You should look for more quality links that can help you to rank better.

I have seen something new with certain google keywords where users actually are allowed to promote certain websites. I hope everything works out for you :)

try to build up your link popularity through-
article submission
social bookmarking
blog comment post
forum posting etc.
and wait for a couple of months because your site is quite new.

Its may be because all of the pages of your website are not optimized. You need to work for your Page Rank try to get Quality backlinks because its neccessary for both to get Good traffic and high PR. Use basic seo techniques to increase your PR.

Also remember it takes time to see SEO results. It depends on when the spiders find your site and the links.

I am a little perplexed as to why we are answering threads that are two years old. And if you all notice the person who posted the thread only has 3 posts. This means that he never returned after opening this thread. Makes me wonder just how many people do exactly the same thing... Or if that is an indication of the number of people who do not make it in IM.

Page rank depends on many things specially where you promoted your site if you promoted site in good PR sites you will get good PR.

I am testing with SEO optimization. Please send me your URL and I will load it into our system starting May 1, for 1 month.
Monitor your counter and keep checking on the ranking every week until May 31, 2010.

Webjunkie

Yes that is normal. It takes time for new sites to get PR. Besides, google update Pr once in three months.

Just keep on building quality backlinks and update your content.

Yes, you can promote the site easily., But you need to work hard to get more and more back links.

It is completely normal! Don't get worried. It may take some more time. Try to promote your site with proper keywords. Maintain a blog for your site that contains unique and informative postings. At the same time also concentrate on getting more backlinks for your site.

Dear Jenny, I agree with you but I also see the other side - once there are answers to the thread - the person might be logging on as guest to view the responses.

Just do proper off page and you will get your site top 10 in major site

I think it good idea if you check your robot setting or sitemap setting, look what tells you on that setting.I have same problem where my site is not indexing at all after 100 post upload until I know that what make the problem is only robot setting

Normally, Google does not show all the backlinks on its database. You have to keep on getting backlinks that will sort out your issues, however you have to make sure that you are not doing it excess. That may cause issues. Keep it on natural way, 5-10 links per day etc...

IMHO, it is normal. Google update PR once in three months, you will have to wait for a longer time. Just keep building links.

no worries as your site is just 2-3 months old you may not see good results for your site.
You will have to continue with link building.. adding content for your site. Keep patience and work hard, you will get better results next time you check webmaster tool.
IMO Page rank is not that important as it use to be.
All the best

True, SEO optimization is a long term committment and it involves more than just observing PageRank.

You can get your website indexed in less that a week in todays market.

Submit your sitemap through Google webmaster and build a few very high quality, relevant backlinks....

but it takes time and energy to see PR or high rankings in search engines. Make sure you pick keywords wisely

There is nothing for you to worry about. Google updates Page Rank internally all the time but they are publishing it once every 3 to 4 months.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.