Is Exchanging Links one of the process to generate traffic or hits?
if YES, what'd we call it- Black Hat SEO or Fair Online Business Marketing???

Recommended Answers

All 23 Replies

Robert, You can say that link exchange is generally done to get traffic, but the method can't be counted in "Black Hat Seo". As per google, Paid links are a black hat method. Link Exchange is a mutual understanding between to peers, so we can't say it Black Hat Seo.
Also, as per Wikipedia, the following methods can be count as Black Hat Methods.
(Keyword Stuffing, Hidden Text, Meta Tag Stuffing, Doorway pages, Scraper Sites, Link Farms, Spam blogs, Page Hijacking, Buying Expired Domains, Cookie Stuffing, Blog/comment/wiki spam, Mirror sites, URL redirection, Cloaking, etc).

How come that link exchange is a black hat method? You got the links in a proper way by offering a link exchange to other website owner. If it is paid links, maybe it's a blackhat because you pay something in exchange for the traffic.

I don't think reciprocal link exchange is black hat strategy, Google just advice excessive link exchange is not good, however it is more valuable when you go for one way link.

i got many request for link exchange but people dont put my link so remove them

if some is interesting to link exchange but be honest

contact me on Tour Travel Site

or mail me directly contact@tourtravelz.com

Nikesh, What may be the reason people don't put your link? While your site is such a good looking site with simple layout and navigation.
What do you think?

I don't think that we can categorize link exchange with blackhat SEO. Other sites got to promote your links because you also do the same link posting for them. Its a two way method, you receive what you just give. I don't see any blackhat method with that.

Rafael

Hey nikesh,

If you have not joined the social bookmarking sites like twitter and digg then i will suggest you to join them. There are lots of opportunities where you can find similar niche sites which will be interested to link exchange with your site.

Very nice.

In addition to social bookmarking sites, one can also find Link exchange sites on google, just hit a search on these keywords. There are many sites where you can find link exchange services under one roof.
Regards,
Matt

Hi

Do only white hat Seo for getting traffic

thanks

Then, what is a white hat SEO, is this a link that you manually build? Sorry, quite confuse with these white and black hat seo terms...:-/

Just check out the forum thoroughly you will know the difference between them. Also there is gray hat SEO.

i thought black hat seo is when u use certain software like bookmarking demon or phntom cloaker.exchanging links is a good way to get traffic without getting ban.
how do u get traffic with twitter??all i can do is telling people 'what i am doing right now.'
how does that help me making traffic?please help by pm me.

i think you have already answered the question, by telling people what i am doing right now. Just need to add friends to tell that.

A link exchange (also known as a banner exchange) is a confederation of websites that operates similarly to a web ring. Webmasters register their web sites with a central organization, that runs the exchange, and in turn receive from the exchange HTML code which they insert into their web pages. In contrast to a web ring, where the HTML code simply comprises simple circular ring navigation hyperlinks, in a link exchange the HTML code causes the display of banner advertisements, for the sites of other members of the exchange, on the member web sites, and webmasters have to create such banner advertisements for their own web sites

yes link exchange is helpful to increase the traffic and its not the black hat if you are using it with mutual understanding or give and take rule.

I don't think that we can categorize link exchange with blackhat SEO. Other sites got to promote your links because you also do the same link posting for them. Its a two way method, you receive what you just give. I don't see any blackhat method with that.

Rafael

yes, i totally agree with rafael...link exchange is a two way process, thus, you do the promotion for the link you exchanged with and they promote your site as well...

i got many request for link exchange but people dont put my link so remove them

if some is interesting to link exchange but be honest

contact me on Tour Travel Site

or mail me directly contact@tourtravelz.com

I've also experienced like this. I already put their link but no reciprocal for me. All I did now is to give only one week for them to put my link. If they still refuse to do so, then I will delete their link.

Link Exchange is not a method of Black Hat SEO.
Link Exchange is a program to make link farming for Search Engines Loves your Link.

White hat SEO Link Building:

It your site link is to be placed on the relevant content to other sites
is called white hat SEO
Black hat SEO

Ur Link is not at related content site is called Black hat SEO.

Decision is yours. which one you choose...

it is ture that backlinks can bring you traffic

Link exchange is one of the process of gathering traffic.But it is not in Black Hat SEO Because you are not going to mislead the visitors.

as per my knowledge two way link exchange is part of white hat seo. it's really helpful in to get rank well as well as visitors

Who wants link exchange please let me know

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.