Pcbtalk is the online home of PCB News and the most reliable source of information for the printed circuit board( pcb) industry. And i am creating the thread to ask some guides on how to decrease the bounce rate % and increase the site traffic. I did try some ways but the results seem like it not ok,compare with last couple months

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

Every website needs different SEO tactics to increase the traffic. One SEO practice proved good for one site may not be as good for the other. Generally most SEO professionals rely upon some selected practices, many of which don’t suit the offered services/products. Try to insert the fresh and informatory content, make the site involving, inspire the visitors to contribute their opinions, introduce some off business promotional offers.

Hi,
You can increase the traffic but decreasing the Bounce rate is difficult, For this you need to make your website attractive and fully rich content that creates interest in the mind of visitor. Mostly websites are just viewed for less then a minute!!

how to decrease the bounce rate

Alright, you twisted my arm.
First you Attract
Then you Interest
Finally, you Communicate

You should of course Communicate in such a way so as to not lose Interest.

And you should Interest well enough so as not to "BOUNCE" all of those you have already Attracted.

Got it?

Now Apply It.

Here's a website...

Notice that the chick's picture really attracts, but gays and females are exempt from that allure. So is their target public only hetero males?

If not then they need to use a better Attract.

How's Interest?

I'm going to go with BRUTALLY MURDERED.

The page is way too busy.

The orientation fights the normal western Left to right, Top to bottom culturally trained eye scan which is ridiculous because the page is in English.

And to really show their advertising ignorance, they used reduced type fonts to be able to include all the stuff they shouldn't have.

This is a CLASSIC BOUNCE sight, unless your boss is paying you to read their pitch and "find the best deal" which they further SLAUGHTERED by demanding you give them personal data and volunteer to be spammed by BOTH email and phone calls (see all the required fields) before they even hint as to which ballpark their prices are in.

They would have to throw out this whole page to lower their BOUNCE rate.

tc

p.s. it only took me one minute to find this perfect illustration with google because (wait for it) almost nobody does it right.

I recommend making your site, especially the home page, engaging and informative. Thus, from a usability perspective, make the site as user friendly as possible. If possible, conduct a A/B test to assess which variables on your site can be optimized to decrease bounce rate. Second, increase the amount of valuable content on your site. From a SEO perspective, I strongly recommend making this content your own and link it with relevant keywords.

Thanks so much for your sharing,

nice sharing here

A great way to get people to stay on the site is to have something for them to do besides read a lot, like games or a comment function.

Your site may benefit from doing behavioral segmentation and/or personas. Try to think what are the needs of the most popular visitor segments and cater to their needs. Do they want more videos or event updates? Experiment.

i guess bounce rate is always a questions or irrelevant visitors, or poor content!
so u know what u need is not only traffic but also the targeted visitors

Absolutely fantastic post. I am now looking at my own companies homepage with trepidation now! Thanks for giving me a fresh eye!

Alright, you twisted my arm.
First you Attract
Then you Interest
Finally, you Communicate

You should of course Communicate in such a way so as to not lose Interest.

And you should Interest well enough so as not to "BOUNCE" all of those you have already Attracted.

Got it?

Now Apply It.

Here's a website...

Notice that the chick's picture really attracts, but gays and females are exempt from that allure. So is their target public only hetero males?

If not then they need to use a better Attract.

How's Interest?

I'm going to go with BRUTALLY MURDERED.

The page is way too busy.

The orientation fights the normal western Left to right, Top to bottom culturally trained eye scan which is ridiculous because the page is in English.

And to really show their advertising ignorance, they used reduced type fonts to be able to include all the stuff they shouldn't have.

This is a CLASSIC BOUNCE sight, unless your boss is paying you to read their pitch and "find the best deal" which they further SLAUGHTERED by demanding you give them personal data and volunteer to be spammed by BOTH email and phone calls (see all the required fields) before they even hint as to which ballpark their prices are in.

They would have to throw out this whole page to lower their BOUNCE rate.

tc

p.s. it only took me one minute to find this perfect illustration with google because (wait for it) almost nobody does it right.

The website PCBTalk.com seems fine to me. Sure you can make it more attractive, but you aren't really selling anything anyway so that isn't much of an issue. If you have good content - visitors will stay and come back. The issue now is to get visitors to the website - SEO. You get it by building inks to your website and getting it high on search engines.

Thanks for your sharing, i learnt more from your ideas.
Right now i am updating my site, actually i am not really happy with our site stats now, it seems going down, compare with last month although i tried to upload more content.

I agree with MichaelMelen above that it is just a matter of time that people will start returning to your site if the content is good. I also agree with Tom Curren that the site needs to come to life with a bit of color and someone nice to look at :-)

You are off to a good start, the last and the most important thing is "DON'T GIVE UP!". Good luck mate!

it's depend on visitor

first comes the off page SEO to help u to increase the traffic
then comes the on page SEO to make the traffic stay IMO

bounce rate very much depends on where visitors land. if most of them land at your homepage because you have it well optimised for some big keywords they are more likely to make at least one click on your website in order to discover what it is about. if most of them land at inner pages of your blog somewhere in the subdirectory since they were looking for some very specific information the chances are they get what they were looking for and leave bouncing back and will never find their way to your homepage. that has been my experience. therefore, i think improving your SERP positions in big keywords that bring people to your main landing pages will reduce your bounce rate

The lesser amount of bounce rate the better.. In order to do that, you have to get more quality of back links.. You'll get the right visitors you want if your having quality of back links.. Next, is the quality content that your getting - visitors will stay long if you have fresh, interesting and unique content..

You can minimize bounce rates by tailoring landing pages to each keyword and ad that you run. Landing pages should provide the information and services that were promised in the ad copy.

We want to extend our network, so we are looking for some people, companies to help us promoting our site, also some part-time web publishers, web editor so if you are interested in, feel free contact me ! PM or check link at : http://www.pcbtalk.com/contact.php

Having quality content helps decrease the amount of bounce rate that you are getting. It means that visitors stays long into your site. In order to increase traffic, participate on the techniques that generates back links like forum posting, blog commenting, article and directory submissions, social bookmarking, online groups, classified ads, press release and link exchange.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.