Has anyone here used webinars as a way of attracting new members to their communities? I work with a company that does webinars regularly and does them well and now that they are getting into social media marketing and looking to build up their on-line following I was wondering if anyone else has had success using webinars to build interest and a following?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Yes, I have helped develop webinairs to help increase the website's online marketing. It depends if your client wants to do a webinar on a constant basis or just one time. Some issues you need to take into consideration:
1. It needs at least 4-6 weeks of promotion.
2. Need to compile a database for those interested to watch the webinar.
3. The webinar has to be seen in major computer screens. My friend recently presented for a major online webinar and I was unable to see it because I have a Mac.
4. Write a thank you email to the viewers right after the webinar and asked for their comments and suggestions.
5. Ask people to tweet about it.

Yes, I have helped develop webinairs to help increase the website's online marketing. It depends if your client wants to do a webinar on a constant basis or just one time. Some issues you need to take into consideration:
3. The webinar has to be seen in major computer screens. My friend recently presented for a major online webinar and I was unable to see it because I have a Mac.
4. Write a thank you email to the viewers right after the webinar and asked for their comments and suggestions.

Thanks for the input. I had already taken into consideration 1,2,4 & 5 but had not thought of 3. We also are looking to record the webinars and post them to a corporate youtube account and also the blog. I would love to post them to the corporate website but the company is using a niche CMS called Umbraco and they are loathe to layout any money for the site (the basic software is free). The video app for the CMS is pricey and they decided to go with a link from the website to a youtube channel.

I have seen others to do that it may help bring traffic to the client's site but it will require much more publicity and then enticing these visitors to sign up on the landing page. This sign up must promise updates on future webinars or some other information. At least this way, the client can still have a database of potential visitors.

I have seen others to do that it may help bring traffic to the client's site but it will require much more publicity and then enticing these visitors to sign up on the landing page. This sign up must promise updates on future webinars or some other information. At least this way, the client can still have a database of potential visitors.

Way ahead of you on this one. My client has always been inconsistent about their webinars and mostly targeted them towards exisiting customers. They had lengthy discussions and came to the same conclusions you expressed (surprising for them, believe me) and they are even talking about giving the potential attendees the opportunity to determine what they would like to see in terms of webinar content.

Out of curiosity, do you have any webinar recording apps that you have used and that work well.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.