Twitter and Facebook are the two most important social media sites which helps you to drive more traffic.

Hi,

Today social media is a great tool to increase web traffic. But before doing SMO we have a proper strategy. SMO is the process of trying to get one's content more widely distributed across multiple social media networks. The basic aim to do SMO is enhance traffic to your website which help to grow your business. Social Media is the use of electronic and Internet tools for the purpose of sharing and discussing information and experiences with other human beings. You need to CONTROL your reputation.

Thanks

I agree. Also, use all the free tools you can to control your social media reputation and buzz. You have to know what the search engines/social media outlets have compiled about you so you can re-strategize appropriately.

We have a blog on wordpress to generate traffic and build connections. We also have created fan page in Facebook. Our increasing connections are bring about 20% of our traffic each month. And the major source of our traffic is from google.

social media can bring traffic and backlinks to your site..

my best social media marketing is twitter,facebook .for facebook I use combination between twitter to feed tool,and autoblogs plugin.I managed 5 twitter account for my web and it bring me steady traffic contribution arround 10% from all traffic sources of my web

Important to limit your time and focus on a few. For us:

Priority One - Have a good blog. Good content. Good value for our customers. And hopefully generates inbound links naturally.

Priority Two - We have a good Facebook page, and are developing a good fan base.

Priority Three - Just really starting to utilize Twitter and developing a following.

Priority Four - Diving into social bookmarking, but mostly for backlinks.

hi guys,
social media marketing is a very good practice for increasing traffic towards site. major SMM sites are facebook and twitter.

Social media marketing is a great way to waste time and money if not done professionally.

For some industries social marketing actually has little value compared to the alternatives.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.