WordPress allows customization of blogs into informational business related websites. As I am exploring this for myself, I am wondering what has been your experiences of creating a non-blog on WordPress rather than creating a website on HTML/Flash. Would you do it again? Any recommendations?
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Thanks. Your blogs look really nice.

WordPress allows customization of blogs into informational business related websites. As I am exploring this for myself, I am wondering what has been your experiences of creating a non-blog on WordPress rather than creating a website on HTML/Flash. Would you do it again? Any recommendations?
Thanks

I have seen and had it recommended to me that a blog could be set up as the first page and the home page (the informational, business-related content) would be the second page of the site and then doing the lions share of the SEO work on the second page. That way you are doing the blog but you are setting it up for people to find the business related webpage in the search engines. Then use the blog page as a way to demonstrate your expertise by expounding on your knowledge of the industry(s) you are targeting.

I saw one site similar to this for a specialty wedding cake baker in NYC. She set up a Flikr page with photos of the cakes she created and then she used the option to create an information page about her business.

I have a blog from blogger and I tried to change it to wordpress but I am still not successful....I don't know where to look for the solution

I have a blog from blogger and I tried to change it to wordpress but I am still not successful....I don't know where to look for the solution

Wordpress has a conversion tool that does it for you. Poke around a little on their site and you will find it.

Since we are talking about wordpress templates, is there any particular host you recommend to use with your wordpress blog? My friend have a fer blogs on Dreamhost and those blogs are constantly down.

Since we are talking about wordpress templates, is there any particular host you recommend to use with your wordpress blog? My friend have a fer blogs on Dreamhost and those blogs are constantly down.

I have a couple of wordpress blogs on godaddy and they have a really good hosting package for wordpress blogs. Others on here have told me that they have heard horror stories with godaddy hosting but I have had none and their support has been great.

I have also tried GoDaddy webhosting and it was just too basic for my needs. Unfortunately, Me.com (mac) website templates are mostly geared for personal rather than business use.

I have also tried GoDaddy webhosting and it was just too basic for my needs. Unfortunately, Me.com (mac) website templates are mostly geared for personal rather than business use.

How so? I am interested to hear why as my client is extremely pleased with godaddy and they do not limit you on using themes or plugins at all.

I sure do like how these business themes are looking! Its a great way for me to naturally use this as a tool for web promotion if I see a need to do so.

If you want to see a really nice website/blog being used for business purposes and set up with wordpress (also a good example of creating your own theme), check out the following:

http://thepartnerchannel.com/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.