As we all know, online conferencing has been around for some time though it is mostly used by vendors doing a demo on their product with potential clients. My question for you is : have you effectively used web conferencing to increase your online consumer/business reach?

I know I have used WebEx before and another one like AdobeAcrobat Connect. I remember that usability was a stumbling block for many but once you get the gist of it, it was okay to use.

I checked out TeamApart.com and its a new comer in this space and I liked it because it allows me to jot notes and share them.

So my question for the members here is: would you use such a service and do you think it will help increase your reach with your online community?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Personally I believe online conferencing is great for training purposes and reducing travelling expenses. And yes, I use such a service from time to time and believe it has helped me a lot.

My major stumbling blocks - in addition to the initial usability issues - were, the poor power supply and internet connectivity in my country.

One of my clients haved used it occaisionally but nothing in depth. As they are looking to do some more activities in this area I will check out the ones that were mentioned here and see what is what.

In concept I like web conferencing but I have found that many users do need to be trained on how to use it beforehand, especially the web conferencing services that include additional or premium features.

In concept I like web conferencing but I have found that many users do need to be trained on how to use it beforehand, especially the web conferencing services that include additional or premium features.

My client has been using gotomeeting for small webinars and the only issue they have is recording the webinar to post on their website. Does anyone have any suggestions on this?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.