As you might have heard, Apple's new IPhone 3GS has an option to IProd in its control. I wonder if Iprod is going to be a new online community, similar to me.com, to upload and share contacts and friends. Perhaps this is a new online community for mobile users. What do you think?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

As you might have heard, Apple's new IPhone 3GS has an option to IProd in its control. I wonder if Iprod is going to be a new online community, similar to me.com, to upload and share contacts and friends. Perhaps this is a new online community for mobile users. What do you think?

If it is a new online community I would imagine that the rational behind it was to create an exclusive community for iPhone users only with the hopes of increasing sales of iPhones. And if that is the case, it could blow up in their faces if they are not careful.

I finally found what IProd is about. It is a training buddy!
http://www.newscientist.com/blog/technology/2008/04/say-hello-to-iprod.html

I have two thoughts on this. First, I think Apple is overreaching a bit on this one. While there are some people who will use this app to track every aspect of their life (an electronic filofax) I think most people will be happy using your basic calendar to keep track of their life and use other items for their exercise and whatever. Second, for the people who are going to embrace this and use it to map out every aspect of their life, they better pray Apple does not lose interest in this app and let it whither on the vine. I actually use a notebook agenda rather than the calendar in my cell phone. There is something organic and natural about putting pen to paper and writing.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.