I saw this on a blog and copied it down to post here to get your feedback. The author contends that these 5 simple steps will get you off on the right twitter foot in terms of building a community for your business that will eventually generate profits. What do you think?

1. Setting up or fixing your account
When setting up your profile ‐ make sure your first & last name are separated.CUstomize your profile with designs that suits your personality/company.

2. Tweet 10-20 times at a minimum before you take any action.

3. Post tweets which you think could engage your audience. Make them participate with your postings.

4. Like Attracts Like & Get Rid of the Dead Weight!
Get rid off of those who do not follow you back.

5. Establish your credibility. Interact with your community.

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO and 100 times NO

Twitter is not made to make money...

If you want to make money..

1. You have to work hard

2. Do not go crazy on SEO

3.You need alot of tools

4.very good web host

5. A WEBSITE

Difficult to do?? YES

do able ?? YES

How could you find all these things 1 word..

Actually 3

site build it

Lets you focus on creating a succeful ebussiness

Not bugging you about SEO..

ANd millions of other stuff people are talking about.. these days

I think (Because i use it) its the most suitable way for the popular term MAKING MONEY ONLINE..

Without all the scams...

Just real stuff
Simple
BUT not easy

There not such thing as get rich quick..

ill stop babbling right now

heres the link for the video tour
SNIP

Hope you like it

And plz comment when you finish..

(sry about bad spelling i was in a hurry)

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO and 100 times NO

Twitter is not made to make money...

If you want to make money..

1. You have to work hard

2. Do not go crazy on SEO

3.You need alot of tools

4.very good web host

5. A WEBSITE

Difficult to do?? YES

do able ?? YES

How could you find all these things 1 word..

Actually 3

site build it

Lets you focus on creating a succeful ebussiness

Not bugging you about SEO..

ANd millions of other stuff people are talking about.. these days

I think (Because i use it) its the most suitable way for the popular term MAKING MONEY ONLINE..

Without all the scams...

Just real stuff
Simple
BUT not easy

There not such thing as get rich quick..

ill stop babbling right now

heres the link for the video tour
SNIP

Hope you like it

And plz comment when you finish..

(sry about bad spelling i was in a hurry)

First, no one is talking about get rich quick schemes. Second, there are companies that are making money using twitter by following tweets, contacting people directly and engaging them outside of twitter. Third, I did not bother following your link but if it is to promote your business you are violating the rules and spirit of daniweb. I will leave it to the forum moderators to decide.

BTW its not my business

SNIP

NOT ME...

THEM !!!

GET IT ???

Its not my website !!!

And
Twitter is not made to make money directly

But in an indirect way !!

Its meant to make people trust you.. and keep up with you

Then when you recommend a product or service

They may respond...

But abusing twitter is not the way.

Whats the points about 20 useless tweets per day

When you can make 1 good one

On top that the first link i posted

Is NOT WORKING....

So please stop making claims...

All i wanted to do is help !!

1 more thing !!

"One who wins the world does so
By not meddling"

Lao-tzu

(plz do not reply saying you are promoting a dead Chinese guy 7000 years ago for mentioning his quote.. Not complete though)

Anyway do not get me wrong !!

Not stating that your doing anything wrong just saying

Keep on the safe side

Do it right !!

But

"JUST DO IT"

(not promoting NIKE either !!!)

THANKS 4 YOUR TIME....

And for gods sake...

just type the words sitesell in Google

Believe you will be amazed

It helped 1000s of people..

I don't think twitter will help to make money but of course it can help getting traffic to your site or blog.

I will add to Marketing Rob's 5 steps:
1. Retweet tweets from followers who provide great content that your followers may value
2. Constantly seek out other people who you think brings value from their tweets

To Angela12 and Rockyman12 (are you guys married? Since you both end in 12...forget it).

There are numerous success stories out there of companies who search tweets for references to their products or competitors products and when they find tweets that do and that are asking for help differentiating between the products or asking for opinions, they respond directly and some of those interactions result in sales. This is not sending out twenty tweets a day and it is not mindless marketing. It is the time tested art of engagement. That is the future of monetizing twitter.
Regarding the step in my original post about tweeting 10-20 times before taking action, the author has since clarified what he meant and that is to build up a record of tweeting engaging content. Links to pertinent articles, blog posts, etc.
And rocketman12, the reason your post was reported and snipped is that you are a newbie poster and you were mentioning a specific link. Most of the spammers that his this forum make less than 20 comments and most of them include links. As that was the first time I remembered seeing your name and I saw the link, I made an assumption based on what is seen on DaniWeb from time to time. It happened to me the first time I posted.

I will add to Marketing Rob's 5 steps:
1. Retweet tweets from followers who provide great content that your followers may value
2. Constantly seek out other people who you think brings value from their tweets

Thanks for the support and for the two excellent additions.

Now if you want to build your business, get noticed by some of the leaders out there, and maybe do some joint ventures, but when you have no followers on Twitter, you look like nothing. Absolutely nothing, nobody cares about you.

Now if you want to build your business, get noticed by some of the leaders out there, and maybe do some joint ventures, but when you have no followers on Twitter, you look like nothing. Absolutely nothing, nobody cares about you.

True. But no-one is saying that you are going to jump on Twitter and start making money full tilt. And no-one is saying that you build your business based solely on twitter. But, to use twitter as a way to get your name out there as well as to provide another pathway to find you is something that you can include in a balanced marketing plan. And, you do not have to have a massive following to get noticed or find business.
As I said in a previous post on this thread, there are companies that have people monitor twitter looking for mentions of their products and competing products. If any tweets meet those criteria and are inquiries into opinions or info about the products, then you can direct message the person and attempt engagement that way. I was at a breakfast presentation in June where one company said that they were able to close a $250k deal that came about from direct reply to a tweet asking for opinions about product. Does this happen every day? Probably not. But as with anything else, if you look for opportunities you will find them.

I totally agree. I consider tweets as a modern form of easves dropping in elevator conversations but it this world, its not rude to break into the conversation, unlike in the elevator. Thus, being on twitter allows this increased potential reach.

I totally agree. I consider tweets as a modern form of easves dropping in elevator conversations but it this world, its not rude to break into the conversation, unlike in the elevator. Thus, being on twitter allows this increased potential reach.

I think that whenever someone uses the term monetize with an activity a lot of people immediately thinks in terms of turning a quick buck. Of course there are event horizons for each engagement based on a number of factors that are different for each product or service being sold. As long as you are realistic in terms of what the ROI (the investment being time) could be for certain activities you can manage expectations.

To Angela12 and Rockyman12 (are you guys married? Since you both end in 12...forget it).

There are numerous success stories out there of companies who search tweets for references to their products or competitors products and when they find tweets that do and that are asking for help differentiating between the products or asking for opinions, they respond directly and some of those interactions result in sales. This is not sending out twenty tweets a day and it is not mindless marketing. It is the time tested art of engagement. That is the future of monetizing twitter.
Regarding the step in my original post about tweeting 10-20 times before taking action, the author has since clarified what he meant and that is to build up a record of tweeting engaging content. Links to pertinent articles, blog posts, etc.
And rocketman12, the reason your post was reported and snipped is that you are a newbie poster and you were mentioning a specific link. Most of the spammers that his this forum make less than 20 comments and most of them include links. As that was the first time I remembered seeing your name and I saw the link, I made an assumption based on what is seen on DaniWeb from time to time. It happened to me the first time I posted.

Lol we are not married...I don't even know who he is...anyways nice information you posted there...once again thanks!

Lol we are not married...I don't even know who he is...anyways nice information you posted there...once again thanks!

Just kidding around, Angela. I just found it funny that the two people who were debating points with me both ended in 12. Glad to have been of service in starting the thread. This is the type of give and take that makes these conversations fun.

Just kidding around, Angela. I just found it funny that the two people who were debating points with me both ended in 12. Glad to have been of service in starting the thread. This is the type of give and take that makes these conversations fun.

You are right....in some forums we don't see any reply to the posts for a month or two....I really hate that kind of forums where people just come to spam post something and never come back.

You are right....in some forums we don't see any reply to the posts for a month or two....I really hate that kind of forums where people just come to spam post something and never come back.

Fortunately, DaniWeb isn't one of them.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.