In an analysis of search engine and social media sites, Facebook was shown to have the most loyal visitors in terms of browsing habits. The study done by the ad network Chitika studied browsing habits of the top SE and SM sites in the month of September. What was really surprising to me is that Digg came in second and Yahoo a close third. Bringing up the rear were Google and Bing (tied for fourth) and Twitter in last. Here is the link to the study on the Chitika website

http://chitika.com/research/2009/digg-facebook-loyal-readers/

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Thank you for sharing. In a way I am not surprised about DIGG since it does demonstrate the level of social connection on DIGG and Facebook which is not as strong on search engine Google. Why? That is not what the site is intended to do in the first place!!

Thank you for sharing. In a way I am not surprised about DIGG since it does demonstrate the level of social connection on DIGG and Facebook which is not as strong on search engine Google. Why? That is not what the site is intended to do in the first place!!

But what about the potential of Google Wave in terms of sharing? That is where Google could jump over all but facebook.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.