I am working on site salttradeindia.com and wanted to know how to improve traffic on site. please review my site and give suggestion............!

Recommended Answers

All 25 Replies

To gain the most exposure for any website you must first begin by creating keyword rich content. To do this, use the Google External Keyword tool http://adwords.google.com/select/keywordtoolexternal. Use words and phrases that are relevant, have low competition, and have a decent amount of searches (monthly). Note that the default setting for this tool is United States (at least for me since I live in the US). The second piece of advice I can offer is to create a good link building strategy. Look for social bookmarking sites that allow you to post links to the site you listed above. It should be noted that not all sites that post up your links are equal. Some links are

Thanks guys I was after the same sort of Q&A. Thanks for the advice

Follow the methods listed here-----
1-blog commenting
2-forum participation
3-submit your posts to social networking sites
4-participate in link exchange program
5-promote your site on both offline & online.
6-use PPC ad programs like google adwords

Back link helps generate traffic. In order to get back links, engaging on the following helps:

forum posting
classified ads
press release
online groups
article submission
blog commenting

Very nice tips here thanks a lot

Try these:
- Submit articles to article directories
- Submit press release
- Use forums regularly, place eye-catching signatures
- Use social bookmarking
- Social networks like facebook, myspace, orkut
- Craiglist, classified ads
- Blog networks
- Write articles on Hubpages
- Post video on youtube & metacafe

If you can do these properly (although hard-working), you can over 2500 hits daily. If you run a blog then you can more subscribers, and if you get 1000+ subscribers, then you don't have to do anything, traffic will be permanent.

thanks koyel555,
these steps are really very helpful for any web site and this will definitely increase PR of our sites.

try optimizing properly your your site and do off-page optimization. join forums with same niche to you could advertise your site.

You can do that if you can optimize your site for visitors and search engines. I’d concentrate on creating the compelling content that my site visitors enjoy and that is search engines friendly, and Building inbound links. Also email marketing - if you have an email list you can quickly reach a targeted audience with your message.

I am working on site salttradeindia.com and wanted to know how to improve traffic on site. please review my site and give suggestion............!

please have a review on your source code i think there is some hidden text in your coding if google will find it .than will give penalty
to your site...

This is one tough niche pal. Its about salt trade in india, traffic will get very high once you have done the initial part, but to start off is the toughest, there are not many forums or social bookmarking sites you can use. My best advise would be to hire a seo firm if you can afford as this niche is very profitable in the long run and try sending out a press release and distribute articles. All this can be very expensive, but their is no other way besides such sites get up to 30000 visitors a day, so at the same time it is very profitable.

If you want to improve or rather increase the amount of traffic you get on your site, first think of increasing the amount of time you dedicate to doing SEO for the site.

If you want to improve or rather increase the amount of traffic you get on your site, first think of increasing the amount of time you dedicate to doing SEO for the site.

Follow the methods listed here-----
1-blog commenting
2-forum participation
3-submit your posts to social networking sites
4-participate in link exchange program
5-promote your site on both offline & online.
6-use PPC ad programs like google adwords

i agree..if you follow it and do it consistently you will get what you want..

What do you guys think about using twitter to promote the site and get traffic??

Do as much SEO as you can.........

Social Media can help in increase traffic

First you need onpage SEO for your site then offpage SEO.
You can build backlinks from quality sites.
Social book marking, Submit articles to article directories,
Press release submission, forum posts, Video, RSS, Web 2.0 sites content etc.

Hi,

Recently I have started my online business but I am not getting very much traffic. I think I used all technique to get traffic on my business. So will any body tell me What is the fastest method to get more and more traffic?

Thanks

Promotion
Link building
Social networks
Online catalogs
Press release
Viral marketing

Hi,
In order to improve the traffic of a particular website one has to carry out many processes.First of all the site must be updated on a continuous basis.A crawler of the Search engine checks only those sites which gets updated on a regular basis.And a website is considered good only if a crawler crawls it.So we must always add something extra to our website in order to increase its traffic.
Thanks.

use social networking to promote your site...like
twitter,digg,stumpleupon and facebook

To gain more traffic I promoted our blog in other related blogs by leaving a comment. You gain a back link for those blogs with Comment Luv and DoFollow types.

In your case, you can always associate your handle to your website. Most blog owners will visit your site and some people who visits that blog will also visit your site.

Social media such as Twitter, Facebook, Digg, StumbleUpon also helps in bringing some traffic.

For Organic traffic, you need to be indexed by Google. So post more often or update your website regularly so Google will index your website consistently.

Keywords about your site or product helps too in achieving hing in search results page.

thanks for the info guys..

Very nice info.Thank you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.