I just read on a blog that Answers.com is becoming one of the top visited sites. I would have thought it be Yahoo Answers. I also have used Cha Cha answers in the past. So Im wondering, do you use these sites, and if so, why?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I have been known to find Answers.com as a result of a Google search but it's rare that I'd go there directly. Didn't even know about Yahoo! Answers TBH.

That is so true my highness. I only have used Answers.com when it came up on SERPS. Otherwise, I would not actively go there. Though I do go direct to Yahoo Answers when I am researching on something, anything. Then I always go to Wiki. Who can forget wiki???

Me too, going there only when google show me a way :)
It means they have done a good SEO :)

When it comes to asking question of the internet, I take the laziest path possible...Type into google, submit and if I don't like the answer I rephrase the question. If it takes me to quick answer sites I view them with a little doubt as they seem to read like the content in Wikipedia that has the label that the content needs verification.

When it comes to asking question of the internet, I take the laziest path possible...Type into google, submit and if I don't like the answer I rephrase the question. If it takes me to quick answer sites I view them with a little doubt as they seem to read like the content in Wikipedia that has the label that the content needs verification.

I'm in this camp. Type into Google, view results. Refine my search and try again. I've never directly posted on, or searched an 'answer' site. I think I would generally feel more comfortable posting to a discussion forum. They're more communal and if you post in the right niche, your bound to get better results.

Those are interesting answers. I personally used Yahoo Answers to post a question on food and recipes and I was surprised to have received at least a dozen recipes by Foodies out there within a few minutes.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.