I just read from a blog post about who benefits from social media? good question. I think it all depends on what is the goal and reach of your social media circle. For example, I might have a private Facebook page for personal yet be on many professional yahoo/LinkedIn groups. Thus, I have leveraging social media differently here. What about you?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I would like to have more time to concentrate on Social media, but I have Google taking huge part of my marketing time. It is the opportunity cost idea at its best :)

In my experience using social media for marketing events works nicely, it could be great strategy.

The power of social media 2.0 have demonstrated beyond personal and professional boundaries. Look at how international news that were ignored by major news outlet or at least local made international headlines. So I believe everyone benefits from social media in one way or another - either by media consumption or by generating new content.

In my experience using social media for marketing events works nicely, it could be great strategy.

I also used social media and the same with your experience it helps me a lot..

Now I ask who doesn't benefit from social media? An example are some content sites that have not even added social bookmarking links on their sites.

A couple of my clients have been working a social media strategy I suggested of using blogs targeted at vertical markets they want to sell into, posting about blog posts into linkedin groups they have joined, and setting up a youtube channel with clips from webinars to entice new prospective customers. We are just now analyzing results and the traffic from these various channels back to their corporate websites has been promising and continues to get better each week.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.