I have a friend who, like many people, is under-employed and is looking for new possible revenue streams. He asked me about affiliate programs and as I do not know much about the different ones, does anyone know which ones seem to be worth the effort?

Jack_62 commented: Hello, +0

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

There is a lot of stuff in the net about affiliate programs. ShareASale and CommissionJunction are very common ones. As is Amazon and Ebay.
These days, you need a good website to get approved into these affiliate networks in general.

The affiliate game is brutal. Commissions start off low and usually don't get much higher. My advice would be to pick a niche market where you see potential for growth. Also - find out commission percentages before you dive in, factor in your hosting costs and marketing budget. Expect to operate at small margins. At least at first...

If possible, try to avoid signing up through a network like Commission Junction (they are essentially a middle man) and instead try to partner directly with the merchant. You'll find that you'll get higher commissions and you will be able to operate at better margins. Then again... finding a merchant, in a niche market, that deals directly to affiliates And supports their own program ain't gonna be easy. Perhaps it's just better to start your own business... And while you're at it, offer you're own affiliate program. :P

I have a friend who, like many people, is under-employed and is looking for new possible revenue streams. He asked me about affiliate programs and as I do not know much about the different ones, does anyone know which ones seem to be worth the effort?

You have plenty of affiliate programs to choose from but only few that's really worth the effort. For the benefit of those who don't know what an affiliate program is allow me to explain a little on how it works. Affiliate program is an Internet-based marketing practice in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought about by the affiliate's marketing efforts. If you want to sell your products or services using the internet, there are available resources you can use and become a successful affiliate. live247support.com for instance. Its a live chat support company that offers online customer service support so that you can assure that your customer's concerns are directed to people who have enough knowledge about your business and they are properly addressed.

TO learn more about affiliate marketing and on how to make it work for you, you can visit this blog shared to me by a friend:
affiliatebusinessandstrategies.wordpress.com/2009/10/18/make-affiliate-marketing-work-for-you/

I hope this would help and I will be happy to hear more suggestions or comments.

Good luck
Miley

thank you everyone. I will pass on all of this info to my friend so that he can move forward. Also, I will educate myself based on what was provided.

go with the big affiliate programs: Google network, linkshare, avangate, plimus, cj

Hello,

An affiliate program is a good income source if you are looking for some side hustle. It is a very good and reliable income source and you don't have to give so much time on it.
There are plenty of good and reliable affiliate programs available in the market, Webhosting UK offers 60% commission (up to £100) per referral. I think this amount is huge than any other side hustle.

Thanks for sharing this useful information.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.