Hi,

I own an undeveloped domain that generates roughly 25 direct visits per day that I'd like to park (I do get another 50 visits from google every day, but I guess they will fall off when the domain is parked?). The general consensus seems to be that different domain parking services generate different revenue depending on which keywords your visitors are interested in. Thus, my question is: which service would be to prefer for a domain name suitable for a file sharing site?

Also, I've heard ppc:s and ctr:s for these kind of sites are extremely low. Considering how many visitors I receive, roughly how much revenue should I expect?

As you probably can tell, I'm a complete newbie when it comes to domain parking. Hence, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi,

I own an undeveloped domain that generates roughly 25 direct visits per day that I'd like to park (I do get another 50 visits from google every day, but I guess they will fall off when the domain is parked?). The general consensus seems to be that different domain parking services generate different revenue depending on which keywords your visitors are interested in. Thus, my question is: which service would be to prefer for a domain name suitable for a file sharing site?

Also, I've heard ppc:s and ctr:s for these kind of sites are extremely low. Considering how many visitors I receive, roughly how much revenue should I expect?

As you probably can tell, I'm a complete newbie when it comes to domain parking. Hence, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi kotr, thanks for posting. Unless you get heavy type-in traffic (user types your URL into a browser), I really wouldn't expect to generate a significant amount of revenue from a parked domain. Your google traffic will drop off once they discover the domain has been parked. Personally, I usually try to sell my domains before I try to park them, but if I were to park a site - i would first look into my hosting provider to see if they offered an option (just because it is easier), then i would look into SEDO or GoDaddy.. just because i've heard of them.

Until now, I still curious how domain parking industry make money. it only fill adsense link to another site and nothing else, and still I also wonder why Adsense give parked domain space to sell advertising space. for me avoid parking.alternatively, you can set autoblog with it.I think visitor prefer autoblog rather then only link of advertiser

How do you get that many visitors with just a domain name?

try Google adsense.

I just wonder how to make money with domain parking? I am noob and I want to learn more things.

I just wonder how to make money with domain parking? I am noob and I want to learn more things.

In general, i wouldn't expect to make much money from parked domains. It's just another rev sharing model greatly dependent on external factors - like type in traffic.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.