There are four keys to good SEO.
(1) First, you must research the amount of traffic various keywords are receiving.
(2) Second, you must modify your site to include the exact keywords phrases in the meta tagging and text.
(3) Third, you must add and add and add content to your site. The more content, the more the big three will like your site.
(4) Finally, you must trade links with other sites that have content related to your site.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

I like all of your steps except #4. You just have to becareful of which sites you trade your links. These sites must have related contents and have good PageRank.

I like all of your steps except #4. You just have to becareful of which sites you trade your links. These sites must have related contents and have good PageRank.

i'm in this camp.. why exchange links with competitors or similar sites that most likely will not benefit your users? If you are looking for relevant citations, it seems better to implement some basic online marketing strategies, maybe launch some press releases, or get the word out by going above and beyond for your customers and users.

Google actually penalizes sites that are "parked" on bad neighborhoods/sites and this means, your site will not appear high on SERP. No site wants that.

Step#4 is actually not a good thing if you will bombard your site with lots of reciprocal links and you won't be doing anything after. You need to exert effort in your SEO techniques as well. A combination of all the off page optimization in a constant velocity and a lot of patience will get your site in the first page of Google.

You're right, exchange links with similar sites can be very helpful to boost your PR.

While for your third tip is the most omitted process by all webmasters. Most of them are satisfied once they already have a reasonable amount of content for their site.

Good tips... The key is to find a balance between good design that engages your readers and that works in search to attract your readers in the first place.

4th point is a no no for me as well.. link exchange is a thing of the past and those link hold little value if not none, besides i do not see any point exchanging links anymore specially when they are almost always placed in the link / resources section of your site who no one will visit as the link will be buried somewhere, SE's are smarter than that.

you can get many quality backlinks to your website
such as social bookmarking service
do-follow blog comments
forum posting and yahoo answers and so on
no need to buy link

...(3) Third, you must add and add and add content to your site. The more content, the more the big three will like your site...

This isn't accurate. Content is indeed vital to establishing importance but adding content for the sake of adding content is purposeless. The object of the game is to attract qualified visitors because of your exceptional, unique, meaningful content. You need a reason to make a new webpage and that reason will be that you want to offer the Internet something of value and in a manner that is indisputably unique. You want to offer the Internet visitor this content in the most intelligent way possible. Massive quantities of content is not the goal, the power in updating content is in the quality of it and in its purposefulness.

I would say that the best thing to climb higher in serps is to get in content links from related websites talking about your topic, you just have to find these type of sites.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.