A Unique Selling Proposition (USP) is a summary of what makes your business unique and valuable to your target market and as such it is a ridiculously powerful marketing tool.

I have seen many websites with massive potential fail to get a foothold in the market because of the verbose & rambling nature of the messages on their homepage.

In my opinion, it is hugely important to sit down and create a one or two line USP to champion & suggest to the company...

The problem is that creating your own USP is actually quite tricky. I find it far too tempting to elaborate on everything the product does - rather than just the important message I want to communicate to the market.

I came across this roadmap guide to creating your own USP and as a result i was able to create a nice shortlist. (knowledgegenes.com//home.aspx?kgid=10598)

What tips / techniques do you all have for creating a USP?

Please pile in with any suggestions as I'm aiming to try as many different techniques as possible to see what works best for me!

Thanks,

Ollie

What you are saying sounds very much like a business plan. A business plan is required by banks and venture capitalists to determine the viability of the business and to fund it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.