Stormpay will never help you out if you get hit by chargeback.
And Stormpay has stolen my personal $145. They've simply zeroed my account with them with no explanation and even tried to steal money from my credit card (luckily I had not funds at my credit card at that moment). BAD company!

Hello man.

I was using StormPay for few months. I liked very much StormPay, but there I had 2 people who initiated chargeback against me, and my StormPay account fell in negative ballance. StormPay suspended my account until I fund my account. They said that my account status is very diferent than others. They replied to my email that after I put funds in my StormPay Account, StormPay will restore my account at active status and restore all my transaction.

But unfortunately I don't have monies to restore my Stormpay Account. I need 400$ to fund my Account.

StormPay was my hope for sales and earn money.

Now I am very desperated and descouraged. :(

I have been using Stormpay to sell for 2 years. I received payment promptly. I am from Malaysia. Paypal does not pay to Malaysia's merchants (need a US bank a/c). So the only payment system that is free and can send cheques to Malaysia is STORMPAY. I love Stormpay!

Hell No!!!

read this.

McConnell, one of the founders of StormPay, had previously used the service as the payment processor for an illegal pyramid/ponzi scheme, TymGlobal, in 2002-2003. An order to cease and desist was given by the Tennessee Securities Division. All references to TymGlobal were then removed from StormPay in an attempt to clean up its image, after which it became a general online payment processor usable for any purpose within its Terms of Service. In 2004-2006, StormPay was used almost exclusively by autosurf websites, Paid To Read sites, HYIPs, money randomizers and gifting clubs.

[edit] Lawsuit
On August 17, 2005, a lawsuit was filed against StormPay. It was later dropped.

[

By 2 February 2006, StormPay had suspended or frozen numerous StormPay accounts, especially those used by the administrators of autosurf sites, seemingly regardless of whether they complied with the original request. Emails sent to StormPay questioning the issue were responded to with the following:

Unfortunately, we are unable to process any further transactions on behalf of the merchant. StormPay Inc. certainly understands your concerns regarding this situation. However, the funds of this merchant were frozen by an outside organization pending further investigation. To protect the integrity of the investigation we are unable to release any details at this time. Once the funds are released, StormPay will release the funds to claimant(s) for disbursement.
On 5 February 2006, StormPay posted a second announcement on their website stating that they had "closed the accounts of what appear to be some major ponzi schemes", because of "results of investigations into those businesses by outside investigational organizations as well as our own internal investigations. As a result, possible victims of these businesses" had conducted distributed denial-of-service attacks against them leading to the recent downtime of their service. This is in contrast to their first announcement, only stated that other payment processors had to be removed. The now defunct autosurf 12DailyPro announced plans to send a lawsuit against StormPay. However, the autosurf was soon discovered to be a ponzi scheme and was ordered to cease and desist.

For a prolonged period spanning February 8 to 10, 2006, the StormPay website was again unavailable due to a DDOS attack.[1]

One result of this controversy is StormPay's conversion to an auction-only site. On 23 March 2006, StormPay announced on its website that it would "no longer accept payments for sales made outside of StormPay Auctions", in order to ensure "a safer online experience for both buyers and sellers" as it would "more closely monitor the products/services sold". This means that all money transferred through StormPay must be accompanied by a product, which StormPay can monitor. As a result, StormPay is no longer usable for "investments" in autosurfs or HYIPs.

[edit] Criticisms
According to a legal firm under contract with the SEC, the digital money balance visible in one's StormPay account is not backed up by money in StormPay's bank accounts. This led to a situation in early 2006 where Stormpay was not able to pay out withdrawals requested by users, and many of the users never received their requested funds. [2]

StormPay no longer accepts credit cards, no doubt due to the massive wave of billing disputes and subsequent chargebacks that occurred as a result of the massive account freezes previously mentioned. The only way to fund a StormPay account is via e-check, which provides none of the consumer protections against fraud and misuse that are statutorily provided to credit card holders.

To date, StormPay has not released the funds it froze back in February 2006, despite StormPay's Terms of Service providing for such funds to be distributed 180 days after being frozen. As a result, many (former) users hold a hostile attitude towards StormPay [3].

StormPay claims to offer buyer protection. However, the User Agreement includes the clause "At any time you purchase a product or service StormPay is reselling, all liability is on the vendor who contracted StormPay to resell their product or service, and you understand that these purchases are done at your own risk". Because of this, buyers are not refunded if they do not receive the item purchased. [4]

As seen in the above section, StormPay is heavily criticised for its lack of customer support. Questions asked through the online support feature are likely to get a reply that does not actually answer the question. The reply is almost invariably a template, as opposed to a reply written by a human.

StormPay is not a member of the Better Business Bureau, although it has generated more complaints to BBB than any other Middle Tennessee or Southern Kentucky business. [5]

StormPay does not allow transactions to or from a list of "non-approved countries". [6]

StormPay is the primary sponsor of the Clarksville Speedway race track, and has funded several of its renovations. StormPay also sponsors the Crate Racin' USA Series of races, which take place on the Clarksville Speedway. It is speculated that StormPay used its members' funds (as opposed to its profits) for these sponsorships, leading to the problems described above.

That's just sucks. I feel for you guys!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.