hi, this is my first post here, ive read a few pages of stuff here and i find it really good, i learnt a few things already about marketing.

anyway...my question...

i am due to open a new freelance website for designsers/programmers/advertisers/writers and all other related stuff. i have had quotes on backlinking and stuff, i am going to do the twitter/myspace/fb pages myself, and all directory submission...but i wanted some banner ads too
i kno about google ads and they are quite steep for the keywords i need, so i was wondering if anyone knows any cheap or decent sites i can place a banner on per month which will be related to my site, and of course draw in the type of members i need!

any other help would be great

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

it's tough to refer you to some direct advertising solutions without knowing what your website is about. My advice would be to search the web for related sites - some place where your target audience can be found and approach the webmaster with an offer or inquire about advertising opportunities.

Alternatively, there are ad networks out there that can help get your ads onto relevant websites.

it's tough to refer you to some direct advertising solutions without knowing what your website is about. My advice would be to search the web for related sites - some place where your target audience can be found and approach the webmaster with an offer or inquire about advertising opportunities.

Alternatively, there are ad networks out there that can help get your ads onto relevant websites.

The op already said its a "freelance website"... what are you saying you don't know what is a freelance site?

Anyway, to the OP..

Advertising and promotion of a freelance site is no other difference than advertising any other website.. Programmers, webmasters, and customers always look for the lists so if they find out that your website doesn't have any projects listed, they just leave..try to invest a little and pay someone to post some fake projects, create accounts and do some fake bids... This is to attract visitors' attention while doing the real SEO, which is massive link building. Hope it helps..

heya, yea thanks silver, i am having over 1000 links done for the site, and i just finished the seo for the site which i managed to get a 93/100 score rating which is much better than the leading freelance site. just need the keywords sorted to best suit me.
i did consider having fake projects but i wasnt sure if it was a good idea....i will have a few real projects on there for advertising the site each month, so that will be good!
thanks for the advice

The best way to promote a freelancer website is, using twitter,facebook and other social networks. Apart from that it is better to go ahead with offline marketing too, such as mass media advertising and etc.

heya, yea thanks silver, i am having over 1000 links done for the site, and i just finished the seo for the site which i managed to get a 93/100 score rating which is much better than the leading freelance site. just need the keywords sorted to best suit me.
i did consider having fake projects but i wasnt sure if it was a good idea....i will have a few real projects on there for advertising the site each month, so that will be good!
thanks for the advice

Promoting a freelance site is a real tough challenge because your target visitors are not just ordinary people. Your target visitors are people who actually knows how to use internet, onlinemoneymakers, programmers, webmasters. Just continue doing backlinks... Social bookmarks won't help.. Google does not index 87% of social bookmarks pages... Pay for someone to post in forums instead with your link in their signatures.

Social is best way advertising freelancer website

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.