Intro

Google is the most popular and most used search engine that is used in this day and age therefore it is important to increase your link popularity to your website with links that are pointed to your site which will result in increase a of your website traffic and your Google page rank. How do you do this?

Page rank definition

Here is a definition of page rank:

Page Rank aka PR is one of the methods Google uses to determine the relevance or importance of a Web page. Page Rank is a vote, by all the other Web pages on the Internet, about how important a Web page is. A link to a Web page counts as a vote of support. If there are no incoming links to a Web page then there is no support.

Increase web traffic

To Increase Your Page Rank And Web Traffic for FREE

The best way to do this is to submit your website link to as many websites as possible the most popular methods is usually submitting your website link to web directories. There are millions of directories that you can submit your website to and they are mainly free for you to submit to.

Another method is link exchange. Link exchange is where you add a website link to your website and they will add your link to there website. This is usually occurs by a agreement by you and the webmaster or owner of the other website. This is a good way of increasing link popularity. There are websites out there that make link exchange easy and free, and you can also get a link exchange script for your website that will automate the process.

Usually if someone likes your website they will usually tell someone one about it and recommend it to them. The best thing is if that person owns a website they may want to tell the visitors of there website to visit your site. You can encourage this by adding a link to us page to your website. This page will consist of pre made html codes of your link just like this:

<a target="_new" href="http://www.websitename.com">Website ALT tag</a>

This will make adding your link to there website less of a task and you will have the proper alt text to your site that you want.

These are several method for you to increase your website traffic and also your Google Page Rank. Link popularity is very important for all types of websites and for many search engines to rank your websites highly in there results.

Recommended Answers

All 71 Replies

I would be careful about Link Market.

Alot of their links are phony.

I have tried them beforew and found the best way is to simply build a one on one relationship with webmasters to exchange RELEVANT traffic.

Meaning you don't put your SEO article on a jewlery site.

I would be careful about Link Market.

Alot of their links are phony.

I have tried them beforew and found the best way is to simply build a one on one relationship with webmasters to exchange RELEVANT traffic.

Meaning you don't put your SEO article on a jewlery site.

One on one link exchanging is one of the best ways to gain link exchanges. I Also agree that relevance over quantity. You will be better off if you have say for example 100 relavent links than 1000 links to random websites.

commented: The best way is to do manual labor with this by contacting relevant sites yourself, not using these BS services. Been there, done that. +0

I've been working building the links to my sites. More often than not, it does help in term of PR gain. But not really that much on getting the desired traffic. :-|

I guess to get traffic, I ought to look more into "social networking" sites and be interaction with others more often...just a thought, yet to find out about it as to "how?".

More details at http://earn-money-google.com

** Create a useful, interesting web site and other sites will naturally link to it.
** Submit your site to major directories.
** Write articles and submit them to newsletters which are then archived online.
** Submit articles to article directories. Example : article marketer
** Participate helpfully in forums which allow a text link to your site in a signature. Example : preCharge Community Forums , Free Advertising Blog
** Consider buying text link ads on other sites.
** Give away free ebooks and white papers that contain links to your site.
** Create a blog and get it listed in blog directories.
** Join business associations.
** Syndicate your material to other sites. Create a content syndication feed (RSS feed) and include a link to your site.
** Write news releases and submit them to topic-related web sites and Internet news wires. Join Press Releases : PRWeb.com , Pressbox.co.uk , Majon
** Locate a popular site in your niche which would appreciate having you as a regular columnist. Write tips, lively commentary, product reviews, or whatever topics suit your niche.
** Write testimonials for products you love. Companies often post testimonials on their site with a link to the submitting site.

commented: hey, don't do so much spammy things here, ok? +0

hmm can anyone post some quality sites in where i can submit my site for free? and get more members?

It's nice!

but.. why not to buy website traffic???

Hello there:

Did you try this before?

I encountered the same problem and solved
much of the difficulty with web 2.0 for
targeted traffic. Two good aspects,
it works and the traffic is free.

If you have other questions, feel free to send a PM, contact me, or post your inquiry here on the forum

Frank Carlson

Dear Livingston.

I know your frustration.
Been there and asked, "Is it as good as claimed!".

Let me suggest this:

Your duty is to examine, select, implement then present your product in a manner suited to serve your customers. I have not used Linkreferral; however, I do not believe the MLM type of mass exposure is as valuable as the slow steady, hard work style of laser targetting your market.

If you need further help, contact me, or post your questions here on the forum

Best regards,
Frank Carlson

There two aspect of SEO.
1 On-the-page SEO
2. Off-the-page SEO

If you do it well you are ready to roll.

I generally use Directory and article submissions for Getting PR and use press release, Social Bookmarking websites, requesting links from high traffic websites related to similar niche to mine.

This is a great forum, and I learn a lot here doing some business
around the world.

Kind regards,
Julius S. Orias
Internet Marketer

It also depends on what IP you are running. If you are running fro banned server or IP, you will never get PR .
Off-the-page on-the-page are quite common. There are also other things to remember. Its not JOB DONE for SEO.., you have to constantly work for it every day.

Hello there:

Did you try this before?

I encountered the same problem and solved
much of the difficulty with web 2.0 for
targeted traffic. Two good aspects,
it works and the traffic is free.

If you have other questions, feel free to send a PM, contact me, or post your inquiry here on the forum

Frank Carlson

Hi Frank,

I'm new to this formum and I'm looking for alternative ways to promote mysite other than PPC. Whit is web 2.0???

Keith

I've been working building the links to my sites. More often than not, it does help in term of PR gain. But not really that much on getting the desired traffic. :-|

I guess to get traffic, I ought to look more into "social networking" sites and be interaction with others more often...just a thought, yet to find out about it as to "how?".

Yup. Most link directories (and article submission sites) are just good for juicing up your pagerank and backlinks. They get few visits by people that are actually looking for information - so you won't get many click-throughs.

A few things I've found that work...

Write articles on Associated Content with links to your site. You can write a brief targeted article that will get a bit of traffic on its own - and some users will follow through to your site. In this case, your site is your "reference" - so they're clicking through to get more information. So you get backlinks + a little bit of traffic.

Some niche article sites do get traffic. For example, I've been using Good Tutorials with pretty good luck - each new posting gets at least 1-200 clicks in the first day. Gimp Tutorials is also pretty good, and Good PHP Tutorials is ok.

Social bookmarking seems to be a popular trend, too, but be sure to be a little active in the community - or else you might get marked as a spammer. So when I submit to a site (usually I use DZone, since it fits my niche), I also browse the other new links, rate, and comment on things.

- Walkere

Thanks Walkere for the information. PPC is costing a bundle and I need to look at other way of directing traffic. A friend has been trying to get me to write articles forever and I’m starting to get the message.

Keith

Hi Frank,

I'm new to this formum and I'm looking for alternative ways to promote mysite other than PPC. Whit is web 2.0???

Keith

Hi Keith:

The internet is evolving and the fall of the dot com craze has begun. In its place, the next generation of websites, Web 2.0 has arrived. The best example is www.youtube.com, and you know what happened there! All of these Web 2.0 websites have one common focus: the user.

Web 2.0 isn't really a certain type of site; it is a term that is used to describe the new sites that are interactive with its members or customers. It allows these people to dynamically change these web sites, add content and interact with other users of the site.

A perfect example is www.myspace.com that is a community site where users can create their own pages then invite their friends to join. Facebook is another excellent example with one huge addition. Consider your need; you want to market to a specific group and in www.facebook.com you have an enormous group of potential customers sorted by age, sex, likes and dislikes, region,+++; everything a marketer needs to qualify a customer base.

Think of what you need then go looking for an interactive answer, it's out there.

Good hunting and best regards,
Frank

Getting lot of backlinks from free web directories
will increase the google traffic for a while.
But it will reduce drastically over time.

Getting lot of backlinks from free web directories
will increase the google traffic for a while.
But it will reduce drastically over time.

Why will it reduce?

increase your PR by choosing quality link partners, minimizing reciprocal linking and prioritizing One-way links...

Well you can yourself find your search engine ranking on google.... keep a check of these things:

- Traffic on your web
- Backlinks to your web
- Marketing and advertising plan
- Retain customers
- Submissions to Directories
- Submission to social bookmark websites (use Bookmark Submitter Pro)

You will see gradual increase in your search engine ranking

One of the criteria for rank on Google MAY BE how many pages are linked to yours. It's a good guess, but Google won't verify any guesses, so while it can't hurt, there's no guaranteed way to increase your rank.

Keep on building links and submitting site to directories.

Keep on writing and updating content on your site.

Pay Per Click - can be costly.

Search Engine Optimization - highly effective if done correctly, and highly expensive. It is labor intensive, particularly for competitive key words.

If your site is for shaving words into the hair of poodles, it will take very little to get you to the top of search engines. If you are a personal injury attorney in a big city with no limits on tort liability, you will have a tough fight on your hands and spend a lot of money.

watch your competitors ;links and post your links in their places

Exchanging links is not a good method! It will make your website worthless..

If you want to increase PR for your site than just generate good quality one way backlinks for your site from high PR pages and also share unique content on your site. Link your site to .edu, .gov sites this is the only and the best way to increase PR for your site.

One of the biggest factors is the number of sites that link to you, and the ranks of those sites, how many links they have, etc.

Intro

Google is the most popular and most used search engine that is used in this day and age therefore it is important to increase your link popularity to your website with links that are pointed to your site which will result in increase a of your website traffic and your Google page rank. How do you do this?

Page rank definition

Here is a definition of page rank:

Page Rank aka PR is one of the methods Google uses to determine the relevance or importance of a Web page. Page Rank is a vote, by all the other Web pages on the Internet, about how important a Web page is. A link to a Web page counts as a vote of support. If there are no incoming links to a Web page then there is no support.

Increase web traffic

To Increase Your Page Rank And Web Traffic for FREE

The best way to do this is to submit your website link to as many websites as possible the most popular methods is usually submitting your website link to web directories. There are millions of directories that you can submit your website to and they are mainly free for you to submit to.

Another method is link exchange. Link exchange is where you add a website link to your website and they will add your link to there website. This is usually occurs by a agreement by you and the webmaster or owner of the other website. This is a good way of increasing link popularity. There are websites out there that make link exchange easy and free, and you can also get a link exchange script for your website that will automate the process.

Usually if someone likes your website they will usually tell someone one about it and recommend it to them. The best thing is if that person owns a website they may want to tell the visitors of there website to visit your site. You can encourage this by adding a link to us page to your website. This page will consist of pre made html codes of your link just like this:

<a target="_new" href="http://www.websitename.com">Website ALT tag</a>

This will make adding your link to there website less of a task and you will have the proper alt text to your site that you want.

These are several method for you to increase your website traffic and also your Google Page Rank. Link popularity is very important for all types of websites and for many search engines to rank your websites highly in there results.

Thanks for the info. You covered many of the basics for increasing traffic.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.